Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Translation of NJ's new page for his CPS2 emulator!

psp Translation of NJ's new page for his CPS2 emulator!

The original page is here,

http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/cps2.html

Here's what I could translate from the page. (My Japanese is a little rusty) If this translation is used elsewhere please give credit to me (BelmontSlayer), as this took almost 45 minutes!

Japanese To English Tranlation

When I first made my CPS1 emulator, the emulation of the Musashi M68000 (The core of MAME) wasn't running so good. After figuring out how the core operated I was able to emulate the remodeling of C68K. Even more suprising was that sound worked quite well!

When i decided to try CPS2, the processing of sprites was actually easier than CPS1. Sprite proccessing is a big factor in emulation.

The PSP has 32MB of memory, but the OS takes 8MB by itself, so only 24MB memory can be used. Because 4MB is used for the emulator, you can only use 20MB as the data area for the ROM of the game. But, memory is not enough alone. If there is no XOR table for the encoding cancellation of ROM, its not very usefull.

I tried using sound with the emulator. As for BGM (Background Music) there is no problem, but because the SE (Sound Effects) cracks somewhat, it becomes a matter of concern. I tried lowering the volume, but it isn't solved that simply.

Also, there are several sprites displaying strangely. This is also a problem unless it is solved.

I tried using the same cache system as my NEOGEO emulator, and was able to move in-game. But, according to my expectations that's not good enough. Because the emulator is slowly reading the cache file, the game play very slow. The reason is that smooth animation when using sprite cache is not effective.

The CPS2 emulation is a small advancement. But throwing out the project halfway, without a regret is kind of hard.

My motivation is slowly declining. (NJ laughs)
    I still haven't decided if I will release this or not.

End Of Tranlation

So hopefully he will release the source code...But it seems as if he thinks smooth emulation isn't possible.

-- Update --
    A test build has been posted on the website. You can download it by following the link at the top of this news article.

Just a note, Make sure you run your rom zip though the included converter. Games will not run without the cache file.
    I was asked to memorise what I did not understand; and, my memory being so good, it refused to be insulted in that manner. ~Aleister Crowley (1875-1947)

DCEmu Pro

Damn, hope he doesnīt give up. Lol, when NJ came out with the cps1 emu I was hoping it would give him ideas for a cps2 emu. Oh well if it canīt be done, at least NJ gave it a shot.
    Thanks for trying NJ!!!

DCEmu Newbie

Default Club tropicana

interesting.

well, it's doesn't make it totally clear whether or not playable emulation is viable without sound, provided he fixes these display bugs.

As i suspected it's troublesome.

i'm not surprised he's getting hacked off with it all by now-surely he needs a holiday -bit worried how wired he must be by now.

maybe he'll take a break, have a go at another similar project and find/invissage something miraclulous and we'll all be happy again (for a while)

who knows

No NJ dont give up we all know you can do it.

PSP Coder

Anybody actualy notice there is a test build on that site?

that wasn't there before...time for me to take a break from coding to have sum fun...

very nice translation! my eyes are glued to this site for more updates

NJ is great! I have come to really admire his work and I hope he continues.

Can any1 translate?

Edit: I receive this error: This Game Doesn't Work. You Won't be able to make it work correctly. Don't bother. Press any button.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes....

Thats great, so what works?

DCEmu Newbie

Is the test build any good? There's a new CPS1 Beta 3 out too.

NJ is great....

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information