Thread: Do the Japanese Care About Final Fantasy III DS?

Blog Entries

NDS Do the Japanese Care About Final Fantasy III DS?

Via Spong

According to reports from our friends in the Japanese press, retailers in the RPG-obsessed land of Japan have begun taking pre-orders for Final Fantasy III, the somewhat anticipated series filler for the Nintendo DS. And amazingly, with a month before the game hits store-shelves, a massive 450,000 customers have paid upfront for their chance to kill things in a turn-based fashion.

It would seem that interest in a Famicom remake (albeit the only game in the series never to see a proper global release) outstrips demand across the board in Japanese game retail right now, a telling indicator of the power of the Lite-revived DS and hard-wired addiction consumers have to all things Square.

It was not explained how many pre-orders were linked to sales of these little beauties. Though given that in real-terms, a Lite costs as much as a slice of pizza in Japan, we can only assume it's a lot.

w00t! 1st Post!!!
    I myself have bought a copy of the ORIGINAL FFIII on famicom and a Famicom console just for it. This is defiantly one of the best FF's of it's era (NES) and I love it to bits I'll be pre-buying this as soon as humanly possible and I can't say I'm not surprised half a million japanese gamers have too.

My friend bought a DS just so he could play this game. Funny thing is that he already beat it on his PDA using an NES emulator.

Thread Information