Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will the Day Come When a Big Console Maker Supports Homebrew?

homebrew yes
    emulators...not officially....

by the way, sony has been most supporting, just not very public, remember the net yaroze... or Yabasic on ps2, and even the ps2 linux kit...

DCEmu Newbie

I personaly think majorty rule. I think a petition for one get a load of signatures and send to companies. Another idea which involves the petition would be to contact newspapers with this petition. Even local papers can draw attention, especially as i said with loads of signatures. An example of an online petition is the one pink started about KFC, personaly i think shes wrong cause KFC is lush lol but used her as an example.

Also an idea would be a group name, e.g. green party lol but you get the idea. A name bands people together. I have a few other ideas for what to do, but wont bore you all with them incase everyone thinks the ideas above are rubbish lol

Cheers
    Bri

A Logo is another idea if starting a group name because a symbol is the first thing people look at.

i already have a psp for hombrew. the only thing i wish i could have is a full speed n64 emu but with the ps3 it would allow it with all of the hardware specs.

Well they might not support it straight out but look at xbox it has somany homebrew apps and emulators. Microsoft has really not done much to stop this really it helps them sell there counsil. And thats what they want.

DCEmu Newbie

I think another thing to think about is if people were to get intouch with these companies then it would proberly be best off not mentioning N64 emu's, GBA emu's and such lol

no way would nintendo allow sony to have n64 emu's on there machines. I would personaly put it across as creating homebrew games for personal use and freeware, no profit stuff. otherwise they'll sell a dev kit with the machines lol jk

Bri

DCEmu Newbie

yeah i agree with acidburn05 Sony are taking the P with there security patches and such. Really at the end of the day they should be happy there selling there handhelds. No matter what happens people are always going to use loop holes etc to exploit consoles. yet on the other hand people will always buy a game that they like. So really allowing homebrew on machines would force dev's to make better games rather than knocking out some rubbish copy they have spent 2 months banging together lol

Just an idea

It makes commercial sense...homebrew is the only reason I bought a psp

Quote Originally Posted by N1ghtshade
    It makes commercial sense...homebrew is the only reason I bought a psp
    me too!

PSP Coder

Truthfuly sony has been the biggest suporter of homebrew developers. Both with the ps2 linux kit & the ps1 yet..(cant remember full name). I have no dout in my mind sony would have done the same for psp if it was not hacked still.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltron
    The GP2X is described as a homebrewers dream. Is it that good?

Honestly, with all of the developments and amazing homebrew releases for the PSP to date, is it even worth it for anyone to buy a GP2X?

If anyone has hands on experience with the GP2X and thinks it is better than the PSP, please post your thoughts.

OR maybe a better question would be what can the GP2X do that the PSP can't?

And about a homebrew enabled console... I don't think it would have the same magic, fun, and excitement that an underground homebrew scene enjoys.
    the Gp2x is superior for homebrew than Psp, ive had a psp for a long time and i sold it to get a Gp2x mainly cause i not to bothered about hyped up commercial titles, trying to load iso crap and stuff, even mame runs better on the gp2 plus u not got anybody forcing upgrades to stop you doing stuff on your handheld.. plus movies can be played in Divx format.. oh and what ever is available for one, is normally there for the other..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information