Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide: Capcom Play System 2 Emulator for the Sony PlayStation Portable

Quote Originally Posted by Acidburn05
    Actually you need the 1.0
    Actually it works fine on my 1.5.

I can play Marvel Vs. Capcom just with the cache.zip and the original mvsc.zip rom file... I just name mvsc.zip to mvscu.zip....I keep hearing people need two diferent region roms to make it run. Just do what I do and you'll only need one.

i tried that im still having trouble with it ><

edit: wow marvel vs capcom is awesome! lol
    but it still seems kinda buggy, or is it my rom? because it runs a lil bit too fast

What would you guys say are the best settings for Marvel vs. Capcom? Here's mine...but before I go, I do play it with the sound OFF, cause it's way to jumpy and jittery with the sound on...It always halts play for brief continuous seconds...I hate that, but well it's a beta emulator...and an amazin one at that.

- Raster effects ON
    - Video Sync OFF
    - Auto Frameskip DISABLED (it gets really jumpy if enabled)
    - Show FPS ON (with these settings you get constant 60fps during battles)
    - 60fps Limit ON
    - PSP clock 333Mhz

...remember these settings are with the sound OFF

how do you check the settings for it?
    is there a shortcut key cuz i couldnt find one and i was too lazy to check the readme cuz i was excited playing
    MvsC.

Pressing SELECT and START when the game is viewable and running, will take you to the emulator's Menu. From there you can play with the settings and other stuff.

BTW, I don't think your Marvel vs. Capcom rom is buggy...It just needs the settings adjusted, that's all. Keep in mind that this emulator (even as awesome as it is) is still in it's early (beta) stages, and Marvel vs. Capcom is one of those games that demands the most from it, since it runs many cycles at very fast speeds for even the PSP to handle...so don't expect it to run perfectly, although it is very playable with the settings I posted above.

Good luck.

BTW, I have a question...Is it possible to put border pictures to show up while playing the games in Non-fulscreen resolutions...just wanna make those black bars more colorful, that's all. If it is possible, what do I name the pics as? and in what directory do they go in?

DCEmu Old Pro

ok, i blame it on windows 98 but when i run the converter exe, all i get is
    'please select rom file
    press any key to exit'
    nothing else and if i press anything, obviously as the last line whould tell, it closes
    is it me doing something wrong?

EDIT:NVM, all i had to do was drag the zip onto the exe and it worked

That's weird...you don't get a directory search wizard window? It's probably Windows 98 then, like you say.

Anyways, since this is a CPS2PSP emulator guide thread, I just thought I'd point you guys to a handfull of cheats for these games...after all, the fighting ones have tons more playable characters than you'd ever imagine. Just click under the starting letter of the game you're looking for. Cheers!

http://www.gamewinners.com/arcade/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Apoklepz
    That's weird...you don't get a directory search wizard window? It's probably Windows 98 then, like you say.

Anyways, since this is a CPS2PSP emulator guide thread, I just thought I'd point you guys to a handfull of cheats for these games...after all, the fighting ones have tons more playable characters than you'd ever imagine. Just click under the starting letter of the game you're looking for. Cheers!

http://www.gamewinners.com/arcade/index.html

Hey thanks for the top tip on cheats for acracde games!

I knew a few cheats but this site seems to have em all! I was able to do the Akuma cheat before for xmen vs street fighter (probably the easiest secrect to know), but the additional info for selecting the Hulk and Shadow is great!

I'll try some more games in a mo...

DCEmu Newbie

hey, awesome emulator!! THANKS. i appreciate it. I love it and am happy cause i actually managed to get it all working...and trust me, that is some feat!

One thing though.... how can I exit the emulator?? when I press the home button and yes, nothing happens. So do I have to switch off the PSP everytime I want to get out? pressing start and select gets me to the emu menu, but I can't seem to get out from there....or am i just too stupid....

PLease help me with that one

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information