Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumour Mill Time - New PSone Emulator for PSP Announced

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by dagger89
    hmmm... sounds a little too high... and a port of a pc emulator would never reach that high (just look at pspvba)...

Sound support just makes it seem more unlikely, especially comboed w/ compressed isos (which would be necessary b/c of ppl w/ 1 gig sticks and multiple disk games).

A full speed emulator? I highly doubt it. SNES TYL isn't full speed yet....
    Laxer3a (TYL developer) said it himself.. a PS1 emu at full speed is probably easier than getting snes at full speed (and - for the record, alot of SNES games do run full speed).

I know the person behind this project so I would say its very likely to be real..

sniper has got my hopes up...
    i think the list of features is a planned projection of what to implement, so dont be too hasty in saying it is fake.

who is doing it, some people seem to know, pm

Quote Originally Posted by jimjamjahaa
    buh? explain this to me from a technical angle

because im not getting it....
    Well I'm no expert and I made that statement in reference to what many coders have said over the months about PSOne emulation.

Most simply put, it is easier to emulate a CD-Rom system than it is to emulate a cartridge system.

1.) Emulating systems like SNES, GBA, etc. use up a lot of RAM. A PSOne EMU would not have to waste all the RAM on loading an ISO.

2.) This is why ROMS larger than 32MB won't work with EMU's such as GBA. The PSP only has 32MB of RAM.

To give examples, NJ's Neo Geo CDZ EMU runs Neo Geo CD games perfect but it would not be possible to emulate the Neo Geo Console and play ROM's of the NEo Geo Carts.

So if you have any doubts about a PSOne EMU, look at the Neo Geo CD EMU. It is possible and more likely to be full speed than a GBA, N64, or even SNES.

If I'm wrong, anyone feel free to correct me but I think I pretty much have the idea and concept correct.

If they can get a PSX emulator working 40+ FPS on a pocketPC phone. Then I believe someone can get one to work with a PSP.

Currently I am running Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX) at 30-40fps without sound and movies ripped out on my XV6600 PocketPC Phone. And yes, I do own the PSX game.

http://fpsearm.psxfanatics.com/

DCEmu Newbie

it sounds real to me to a degree. the psp and psx are more alike than psp and N64. think it is possible mainly since the psx is a 32 bits and so is the psp what makes n64 harder is the 64 bit processor making it spend more of the psp memory to use to convert to 64 bit. however idk if it can make it to 50 frames but faster than the n64

DCEmu Rookie

Sounds like the race is on to release a full working homebrew PSX emu before sony does and I think it should run just as well as sonys. good luck to all the pspcoders

im stilll calling bs. this is the first we have heard of them and they are aiming for great emulation. PSXXX or w/e has supposed to run FF7 full speed w/ sound. UltraHLEPSP was supposed to run full speed w/ sound.... donkey64 was supposed to run full speed w/ sound... This is supposed to run full speed w/ sound.... sound familar?

Hey gr8 news... but i think it mite b a bit fishy... but i seriously hope it wrks

Quote Originally Posted by dagger89
    im stilll calling bs. this is the first we have heard of them and they are aiming for great emulation. PSXXX or w/e has supposed to run FF7 full speed w/ sound. UltraHLEPSP was supposed to run full speed w/ sound.... donkey64 was supposed to run full speed w/ sound... This is supposed to run full speed w/ sound.... sound familar?
    Yes, but you don't know whos making this (where as I do)

DCEmu Old Pro

i get the idea that you know whos making this $n!pr (what gave that away?), have the people making this made any good homebrew for psp before?

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information