Thread: iPhone 4 gets a $1 alternative to pricey Bumpers

Blog Entries

ipod iPhone 4 gets a $1 alternative to pricey Bumpers

If you ask us, Apple should be giving away free bumpers, lollipops, and anything else it can think of to keep its otherwise loyal followers from revolting. But the Great Bitten One isn't doing any one of those things, and most of us are stuck either having to pony up $30 for the official salvation from self-inflicted signal harm or looking out to the grey markets. Entering this morose situation with a bit of ingenuity is Oliver Nelson, who alerts us to the fact that rubber wristbands of the sort your favorite cyclist wears are apparently an almost perfect fit when stretched around the 4's antennae. He advises that a 1.125-inch long by 0.125-inch wide incision (into the unstretched band) is necessary to keep the 30-pin port and speakers open, but otherwise it seems like a pretty effortless and dirt cheap way to avoid all this drama.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/01/i...ricey-bumpers/

Think I will be taking a trip to Halfords tomorrow.

Even Sony, M$, Nokia etc would give or at least do cheap if a design fault impaired basic functions. This is just another example of how utterly greedy and megalomaniacal Apple has got lately, at least the M$ dominance has slid and might never come back so they have to work harder on their products to keep customers, and i'm just glad Apple offers nothing yet people need like with windows so with Apple you can just take it or leave it.

Thread Information