Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: PSP Firmware 2.80 Hidden Secrets

DCEmu Pro

1. that wont be a problem. if you're using an XMB web browser, then its obviously either valid or emulated. but either way, its still the same 2.80 firmware running, just from mem stick instead of flash. ("all flash access requests are redirected to ms" in devhook)

2. knowing wut firmware you have wont do anything. all they could use that information for is surveys. they cant alter your psp via internet due to their own security (im sure they wouldnt intend to screw someone over like that either)

there are already sites that "require browser from firmware 2.xx". one of which is http://www.longfingers.com/

That homebrew ps1 sure sounds nice,come to think of it so does links2!How long before they start installing full on rootkits on psp firmware?If it can fit on the MBR I'm sure it can fit on our flash chips.

GP2X Coder/Moderator

Has anyone checked any of the TOC or license agreements if this was mentioned?

Edit: In addition, it is only the new plugin that for PSP only that sends the information:
    x-psp-productcode: Your PSP's product code will depend on the region in which you purchased your PSP. The product code for PSPs purchased in North America differs from the product code of PSPs purchased in Japan.
    x-psp-browser: This value tells where the Internet Browser was launched from. There are three options: from XMB, from an application under XMB, and from an application on a UMD or a Memory Stick.
    x-psp-application: If necessary, this identifies the application from which the browser was launched. For example, launching the web browser using "Wipeout Pure" will fill this value with something like "Wipeout Pure/1.0.0 (UCUS-98612)
    User-Agent: A user-agent identifies a user's browser to the web server. The PSP's user agent is "Mozilla/4.0 (PSP (PlayStation Portable); 2.00)". We read this value at PSP-Vault to switch PSP users to Mobile Version, but you're apparently also able to read this value through the PSP Extension Plugin.
    and the TOC on Sony's webpage which everyone must agree to:
    THE INTERNET BROWSER IS SUPPLIED "AS IS" AND WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, THAT THE INTERNET BROWSER WILL BE FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, OR TO THE QUALITY OF THE INTERNET BROWSER OR OF THAT PURPOSE OR USE.

TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAWS OR REGULATIONS, SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT INC. AND/OR ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABLILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO YOU, YOUR SOFTWARE, YOUR DATA, OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY, OR FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY THE USE OF THE INTERNET BROWSER, WHETHER OR NOT SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE IS THE RESULT OF DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL USE OF THE INTERNET BROWSER.

Sneaky Sony DOes It Again...But What Websites Do You Thnik Would Not Allow You Access? Sony's Official Site?

*******s.

DCEmu Newbie

Well if Sony doesn't want me to do the things, which is my freedom. Then I guess I pick NOT TO SPEND NO MORE MONEY FOR THE PSP GAMES, in the future. Oh yeah I can help cut off sony royalities from the amount of games that get sold.

That's okay sony, AT LEAST I STILL HAVE MY NINTENDO.

thats why the only brand i ever love was Nintendo and that wont change from the looks of it and even microsoft is sneaky little company too and thats coming from someone who loves the xbox and its live and hoping to kill off the hyped up wackstation 3 now hopefully nintendo wont do something retarded in the future.

DCEmu Regular

will us devhook users be effected by this when we get 2.80 on devhook? if we are some coders should make a homebrew app that sends F*UCK YOU $ONY instead of our info.

they cant kill off homebrew, its gonna be there after we're long gone, kinda like roaches. theyre never going to be able to kill off 1.5 psp's, but what they can do is reduce the number of them out there. but whatever, theyre not killing my 1.5 psp, heck the internet broke on it somehow so it doesnt really matter to me. Sony cant do a damn thing about homebrew. Were not doing anything illegal. They cant embrace the fact that we keep finding ways to get around their firmwire and we wont give up until they accept homebrew. This is basically just a war between Hackers and Sony.

PSP User

Hmm that's interesting. You know the topic title reminds me of that Conan O'Brien sketch; "Firmware 2.80.....seeeecreeets" Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Thread Information