Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interview With BlackAura

DCEmu_Newsposter

Default Interview With BlackAura

Today i have a really good Interview with the author of NxDoom, NxQuake and also a Genesis/Megadrive Emulator for the Dreamcast called Genesis Plus.[br][br]Check out the excellent BlackAura Interview

Blog Entries

Default Re: Interview With BlackAura

Ive gotta say what a truly excellent Interview

Sounds like a great bloke too

BlackAura's a complete asset to the scene, and the interview's great, nice one 8).

Blog Entries

Yeah i like big long interviews

Damn, he's only 20 years old

Great and very interesting interview!

I like long interviews if they're as interesting as this one

I just recompiled my nxDoom disc and it now contains some of the nicest mods available! They all work fine with nxDoom!

Blog Entries

hmm you know i need someone with experiance of Doom mods to post news of new compatible mods that are released

/me adds that to the list

uhm, I am kind a newb to the DOOM mod scene...

I didn't play DOOM for about 5 years or so until I recognized that ports like nxDOOM and DOOMDC exist.

I will have a look with what I can come up with.

At least a Burning FAQ or a best of DOOM-Mods with LINKS or so...

Hehe I did and thought exactly the same as Christuserloeser. First I thought, what? Only 20 years young. Than I find finally some free time to burn the nxDoom disk with those mods. Even included the music packs. Very nice, altough the menu loader could have some polishing.

If it only could have the menu that DoomDC has, that one looks nice!

DCEmu Coder

[quote author=Skyhawk link=board=dcemu;num=1082299197;start=0#7 date=04/24/04 at 01:03:22]Hehe I did and thought exactly the same as Christuserloeser. First I thought, what? Only 20 years young. Than I find finally some free time to burn the nxDoom disk with those mods. Even included the music packs. Very nice, altough the menu loader could have some polishing.

If it only could have the menu that DoomDC has, that one looks nice![/quote]

If that interview had happened three weeks earlier, I would have still been 19.

There's still a few things in nxDoom that need fixing. The modlist needs some work (it's too hard to make the modlist, and it looks ugly), the music needs finishing (needs the ability to play the original MIDI music, and to not crash if a music file doesn't loop), and the saving support needs fixing (because it doesn't work properly).

That modlist is actually the one from the first version of nxDoom, which was released on August 11th, 2002. It, like most of the rest of the nxDoom source code, it a complete mess. I'm afraid to muck around with it too much, in case it breaks.

Agree with the ModList

About WolfenDoom:

I love to see it running but it I can't go on to the 2nd episode because "Hans Grosse" Boss of Ep1 does NOT drop his key...

Quote:
    ---------
    (org_eng.txt)

This engine is a modified version of Boom version 2.02. Nothing major, just a few minor modifications to recreate the original Wolfenstein as closely as possible. Some of the changes I remember making (I'm hopeless at taking notes) are:

- Hans Grosse drops a gold key when killed just like in the original
    - Secret exits and "cast list" code rewritten so all three episodes can be in the one WAD
    - New intermissions. The original 320x200 backgrounds from the orginal are included
    - Exit messages from the original game reproduced
    - The bad guys don't go after each other when they accidentally shoot each other, though those accidental shots still cause damage.
    - The two bonus levels (see main text file) play on a continuous loop
    - Hitler has two states, armoured and normal, like in the original
    - ORIGINAL.WAD and ORIGINAL.DEH load automatically
    --------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information