Thread: File Sharing

DCEmu Newbie

Default File Sharing

I received a letter this morning from a law firm in London. I have to pay £300 or go to court because I downloaded an album is March 2009. If I pay, will this classed as an admission of guilt? This is what I am worried about. Anyone else had this?? Are there any loopholes like, saying I downloaded the album because even though I own the original album, I could not rip it to my ipod, so I downloaded it, thinking because I owned the album it was OK. Does that sound a load of bollox??

Blog Entries

That, is because you are a pirate.

The whole excuse will not stand to anything against the charges, unless you actually produce in form the physical retail album of which you downloaded. But even then, I don't think they will be forgiving in your case.

You should download all your music legally. I download all my music legally, through sources where I pay 9¢ per song.

Do not pay, No one has EVER BEEN TOO COURT with Ac:s Law.It is just a massive firing shots anywhere operation.

DCEmu Newbie

That would be a lesson.. Your experience would be very helpful to me. I am now aware.. I will be careful when downloading...

In your case man, just go and clean your name. That is the best way to do...

Thread Information