Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PS3 vs. Wii: Mac ad spoof

Blog Entries

Rev PS3 vs. Wii: Mac ad spoof

Maybe you've seen those obnoxious PC vs. Mac ads? Well, they've spawned some fairly funny knock-offs. Now G4 has taken the premise and applied it to the PS3 and the Wii. Suffice to say, the ad is a bit more sexually charged than the videos you're used to seeing here at Wii Fanboy, so we've not embedded it into the post and would rather have you exert the extra energy to click through and check it out. We're sorry, we really don't hate you.

More Info

haha that ones sooo funny
    PS3 chick: "Ya well I'm well rounded for multiplayer."
    your well rounded alright

edit: wtf is that red thing the wii chick throws in the beginning?

that is pretty awful... Its insulting to women.... and honestly its funny.. but not in the way it is meant to be.

It is funny because the wii is aimed at children (you know it is) and that was very sexual for a child's play thing.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by stotheamuel
    that is pretty awful... Its insulting to women.... and honestly its funny.. but not in the way it is meant to be.

It is funny because the wii is aimed at children (you know it is) and that was very sexual for a child's play thing.
    I think you shouldn't have to worry.
    The fat one(ps3) is well educated and not very sexual and attractive, that is exactly the one aimed at children (you know it is).

The Wii is sexual but for the mainstream people and for newcomers, hard core gamers and elder retro gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by stotheamuel
    i am sick and tired of arguing this point.

so just wait till the wii comes out and have fun eating your own words.

Ill get one. but dont expect ANYTHING sexual (like in the ad)... or ever even hearing **** or $#@! on it...

How many gamecube Games do you know to be rated M? Few compared to ps2 and xbox.

its like one M rated game for gamecube. 0 rated AO.
    for ps2 and xbox: 376 Mrated games, 36 AO games
    btw, these arent actual numbers, i just made it up

hmmmm, i dont know of any AO rated games, actually. I bet if there is one, it sucks quite badly.

anyhoo, I have a lot of fun playing Mario games, and I'm not a child. What the hell is wrong with me??

haha, btw, I'm currently playing through RE4 again. definitely not a kids game

DCEmu Newbie

Seeing as we're skirting around the "childish" games subject...

The whole "nintendo games are for babies because they don't have blood, guns, gangsters, cyborgs A-ratings and fast cars" thing is the most childish opinion I've ever heard.

It's like thinking your cool because your going to an 18-rated film and anything with a low rating is not worth watching. Also, it's usually the 18-rated films that follow an over-used simple formula plot (with added tits and guns) that appeals to teenagers and younger children, too young to legally watch, but young enough to desire the experience of being an "adult".

The "adult" games are targeted at this exact same (highly profitable) audience, in fact this market is OWNED by games, as parents and shop assistants are many times more likely to supply an adult rated game to a child.

Just swap "simple plot" with "shallow gameplay" and you have the adult games market ...add in multiple missions, complex graphics and (most importantly) an over-complicated control scheme - and no-one will notice.

Okay, so that is the extreme - there are a lot of mature games that I have enjoyed immensly, but then the games that truley are the most mature usually don't carry an adult rating.

...And for the record there are a lot of violent games I love too - Doom ranks in my top 3 favourite all-time games. But then doom had an important quality - Fun... Toung-in-cheek fun (ultra-violence , you gotta love it!).

I've been playing games since the ZX spectrum and I've loved all sorts of games on many systems. My mainstay favourites though have always been the type of instantly appealing, gameplay orientated, fun, bright, fantasy games... well, let's not beat around the bush... nintendo games.

They do appeal to children (such as my young son), but they appeal just as much to me.

Whoops, I've written too much. The people I'm trying to debate with probably won't have read this far - damn! Don't you just hate that?

Anyway back on-topic, yep, that clip was hilarious! ...Come-on, you can't deny it - whichever side you play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Video_freak
    edit: wtf is that red thing the wii chick throws in the beginning?
    I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a shell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information