Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to Xbox, need pointers plz

Default New to Xbox, need pointers plz

i am looking to buy a new xbox next week or so, and i wish to run homebrew and backups of games on it. i want to run backups of games off the hard drive and create them on the xbox, add some new hard drives, and maybe do a memory upgrade. I need a modchip that will let me run games off the xbox hard drive, along with homburnt discs. what's the cheapest one out there that can do this? and now, i have a few questions.

Can i play MP3's and videos right off the HDD?
    Can i burn CD's with homebrew instead of DVD's?
    How good are the N64 and PSOne emulators?
    Can homebrew run off the HDD? i.e an emulator and roms
    Is there a way to download files from the internet on the xbox, or use the internet connection for someting other than multiplayer?

Ok, i'm looking at an Aladdin chip. anyone had experince with these?

Sorry, I've never done XBox hacking/modding. I'm just posting so this comes at the top of the list and people see this.

oh, thanks. that nes display unit in your sig is sweet, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Biggs
    oh, thanks. that nes display unit in your sig is sweet, btw.
    No problem and thanks, it was used in stores a while back ago (my granpa used to have a toy store).

oohh thats were i jumpin uhh yeah you can doo all that with a mod chip you need lots of space for games and there is a place for homebrew programs but you have to know which file you go to in the ftp umm from what i know you cant play regular cds on dvds im pretty sure you can play music witha regular cd and homebrew on cd it wont work its all about accessing your xbox from the ftp and mybe you can find a web browser you can add me to your msn or aim my aim is Aim Is Gay s1k0 and msn is [email protected]

Check this thread

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=12078

and this thread

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=443489

Everything you need to know is there.

thanks, but this is all about softmodding. i wanna use a chip, because i just dont wanna risk ****ing up my 150 dollar console, you know?

oh, i was reading about hard drives and locking to use with xbox live. i have a 120 GB generic HD that came with a PC i had, but im not sure if it will lock. if it doesnt, i can still use anything on it still, right? i dont ever think i'll use Live, until BB or DSL access is available here.

On Divineo, there is an adapter to hook a PS/2 mouse and keyboard in. has anyone used it, and is it any good? mouses are better for FPS, IMO. i just like those snappy headshots. About the LCD. what exactly does it display? i'm thinking i'll use either a SmartXX or X-Ecuter chip, the Aladdin chip doesnt have an easy startup as ive read. i dont wanna have to hold the power button in, just so i can boot the chip.

I'm also planning on replacing the case with a transparent case, and sticking in blue lights. are these cases any good? one more question. i've read that the Xbox controller ports are just USB ports, with an extra wire for the lightgun. If this is true, can drivers be written to use USB devices with the Xbox? and, are there drivers to connect a Xbox joypad to a PC, through a homemade adapter? thanks!

You risk you console just as much if not more using modchip,unless it's solderless.Besides softmodding is easy and cheap.You can use any usb stick to softmod,I used my psp.If you install linux the xbox supports any usb device that linux supports.I softmodded mine in about 20mins

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Biggs
    oh, i was reading about hard drives and locking to use with xbox live. i have a 120 GB generic HD that came with a PC i had, but im not sure if it will lock. if it doesnt, i can still use anything on it still, right? i dont ever think i'll use Live, until BB or DSL access is available here.
    There's an HDD locking compatibility chart at http://xboxdrives.x-pec.com/?p=list

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information