Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gps broken?

Default gps broken?

hi. today i was able to get my holux GR-231 gps off the "zollamt" like it is called in germany..

at first the battery was charged a bit so it turned on, flashing the bluetooth light.. but suddenly it turned off, so i gotta charge it.. but if i push the on off button now, it just does not do anything.. if i put it to the charger the battery LED is green. but as soon as i press the on off button it gets darker..

does anyone know if its broken? or is it normal?

try to take out the battery, see if it helps..
    Mine got like that a few times too...
    Still working though...

People do say that there are lots of defective units outthere...

mine is fine never did that, *yet lol*

well it sounds like the battery either mess with it or look for some replacement battery

ok. i contacted the support now.. i have tried to charge the battery over night, so the 8 hours i should charge it, are reached..

when i take out the battery and reinstall it, the problem is not solved.. i think theres something that got corrupted when i attached the charging cable for the first time. perhaps there was a small overvoltage when plugging it in..

:/ the point that makes me sick is, that i will have to send it back to the us... living in germany and ordering in the usa is not that good hehe

Quote Originally Posted by lewbacca
    ok. i contacted the support now.. i have tried to charge the battery over night, so the 8 hours i should charge it, are reached..

when i take out the battery and reinstall it, the problem is not solved.. i think theres something that got corrupted when i attached the charging cable for the first time. perhaps there was a small overvoltage when plugging it in..

:/ the point that makes me sick is, that i will have to send it back to the us... living in germany and ordering in the usa is not that good hehe
    well I've made my mind... I was thinking of buing one of those /GPSlim236/ over ebay or something - could save 20 to 40€ - now I think its best not to and play safe since there are some kinky units...

ok i filled the return form.. will bring it to our post office tomorrow.. i think a new device should arrive in 4 weeks

what if you had tried a firmware update for the hell of it?

i didnt find some updates.. and the pc didnt recognize the hardware. so no chance..
    i still have it lying around here... but i dont have a clue whatta do... ill go to the post office later..

From what I understand,
    You need to buy a special cable for PC communication and FW upfrades...
    Not sure you you can upgrade via BT...
    Also I could not find any upgrades on the web ...

thats odd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information