Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Snezziboy v0.26 - Snes Emulator for the Gameboy Advance

Blog Entries

GBA Snezziboy v0.26 - Snes Emulator for the Gameboy Advance

Snezziboy the SNES Emulator for the Gameboy Advance (nintendo ds too) has been updated, heres whats new:

Fixes and Features:

Fixed a small bug in the debug version, as the horizontal cycles was not showing up correctly.

Fixed transparency so that it is disabled if the register $2130 disables all color math. (Fixes the screw up in Aladdin)

Fix code skip for WAI/STP/WDM instructions so that if the player does not enable HDMA through the Snezziboy configuration, then the code skip selects the fastest skipping mode.

Fixed a critical bug in the mechanism that supports the intra-frame update of background scroll position. The bug, which crashes the emulator at worst, or screws up some layers at best, only occurs after about 65535 SNES frames have been completely rendered, or roughly 18 minutes into gameplay, assuming the game runs at full 60 fps without slowdown.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

great release

Right on right on, updates are always a plus!

DCEmu Rookie

I can't get access to a device to transfer anything to my sd-card for a month, so I can't try this emu And I haven't tried the earlier versions either, so can anyone say how well it runs? compatibility and speed? Because if this is running well enough, then it should be more than possible to have a ~99% working snes-emu directly done for the DS, right? I'm eager to find out as this would be my primary use for a DS in the future...

DCEmu Newbie

o.k
    good job.

I got some games to work but they run really SLOW! does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? in the read me says something about patching the DAT file in text format,how do you do that? Oh and when I get the SMC.gba file it says in the command box "No patch found. The game may run slowly or not run at all" I need help I want to play SNES on my micro ^^
    Last edited by Jannyripper; May 22nd, 2008 at 23:40.

Rename snezzi.dat to "temp.dat" for now. Then download the latest snesadvance.dat file from http://www.pocketheaven.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3366 and rename it to snezzi.dat. Open both files in Notepad and turn Word Wrap off. Look at the games in the "temp.dat" file and see if there are any you wish to play. If so, copy their entries from temp.dat into snezzi.dat, overwriting any previous entries that may already be in there.

This is done because nearly all games will work with the snesadvance.dat patches, but some games requires Snezziboy-specific patches which are in the default snezzi.dat you download. By combining the two into an uber snezzi.dat file you can have the best of both worlds.

Also let me know if a game doesn't have an entry at all in either DAT file and I'll try to speedhack it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManMS View Post
    Rename snezzi.dat to "temp.dat" for now. Then download the latest snesadvance.dat file from http://www.pocketheaven.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3366 and rename it to snezzi.dat. Open both files in Notepad and turn Word Wrap off. Look at the games in the "temp.dat" file and see if there are any you wish to play. If so, copy their entries from temp.dat into snezzi.dat, overwriting any previous entries that may already be in there.

This is done because nearly all games will work with the snesadvance.dat patches, but some games requires Snezziboy-specific patches which are in the default snezzi.dat you download. By combining the two into an uber snezzi.dat file you can have the best of both worlds.

Also let me know if a game doesn't have an entry at all in either DAT file and I'll try to speedhack it for you.
    Ok I did what you told me but now what do I do with the "temp.dat" and it still says that the rom wasn't patched and that it might work unproperly.is therer a place i can get step by step instructions? I'm really confussed ,why can't it be as easy as DS emulators . Oh BTW I'm using an EZflash 3in1 GBA size.

You can get rid of the temp.dat file, no need for it anymore. Really it should be as simple as renaming snesadvance.dat to snezzi.dat but there are those few games that have Snezziboy-specific patches, which is why I put you through the hard way of doing things.

If it still says there are no patches, then the game doesn't have an entry in your uber snezzi.dat file. Tell me the name of the game and the CRC and I'll take a look at it for you. The CRC is an 8-digit sequence that is shown when you run the game through snezzi.exe.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManMS View Post
    You can get rid of the temp.dat file, no need for it anymore. Really it should be as simple as renaming snesadvance.dat to snezzi.dat but there are those few games that have Snezziboy-specific patches, which is why I put you through the hard way of doing things.

If it still says there are no patches, then the game doesn't have an entry in your uber snezzi.dat file. Tell me the name of the game and the CRC and I'll take a look at it for you. The CRC is an 8-digit sequence that is shown when you run the game through snezzi.exe.
    Well since all the games I want to play are on snesadvance I just used that one (renamed it like you said to snezzi.dat)
    I used Act Raiser,Killer Instinct and Mortal Kombat. just to see if it would work and it still tells me that the patch wasn't found and it runs REALLY SLOW!!
    what am i doing wrong? could you PM me with the instructions on how to make it work.
    Sorry I'm a noob when it comes to GBA HB. :'{

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information