Thread: The Tale of Wal-Mart, Jack, and Bully

Blog Entries

ps2 The Tale of Wal-Mart, Jack, and Bully

GamePolitics is reporting on something that seems like a simple decision: Wal-mart is no longer accepting pre-orders for unrated games. As a 'family-friendly' establishment, it makes a certain amount of sense. The catch is that, in the eyes of many, one of the U.S.'s largest retailers is bowing to pressure from Jack Thompson. The company denies these claims, with Kotaku running a short discussion with John Simley, Wal-mart spokesperson. From that article:
    "Simley says it has nothing to do with Bully, but rather is the outcome of discussions that the company has been in for 'weeks if not months' about how to handle rating pending titles. Bricks and mortars stores have never accepted pre-orders for RP titles, he added. 'I'd like to give credit to Jack Thompson, but there are a lot of Jack Thompsons out there and we are just listening to our customers,'"

Via Slashdot

Jack Thompson can just go **** himself. I'm sick of all his bullcrap.

omg wall mart is gay and wtf is wrong with jack thomson hes soo stupod:@

The thing I don't understand about Jack Thompson is why he is so focused on violent video games. There is some movies out there that make GTA seem like a preschoolers game.

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

Wal-Mart won't even sell parental advisory CDs or unrated movies, so them pulling a violent game of shelves doesn't surprise me.

BTW, Bully is no where as violent as Postal 2, and I don't see Jack Thompson whining Postal 2.

Thread Information