Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Map This!::: MSN/Virtual Earth maps support

DCEmu Regular

I've thrown together a quick rewrite of your scripts to pull down google maps (c# in visual studio 2005, so .net 2 is the requirement instead of cygwin), with an interface to navigate to the locations.

If you think something like this would be useful, and wouldn't attract a "breach of terms" letter from google, let me know and I'll get it to a point where it is user ready.

screenshot:
    http://homepage.mac.com/f.levin/psp/gmdl.jpg

source and exe (in /bin/debug/):
    http://homepage.mac.com/f.levin/psp/gmdl.zip

Thanks a lot for the gps hack and map viewer - that just prompted me to get a PSP.

Quote Originally Posted by in7ane
    I've thrown together a quick rewrite of your scripts to pull down google maps (c# in visual studio 2005, so .net 2 is the requirement instead of cygwin), with an interface to navigate to the locations.

If you think something like this would be useful, and wouldn't attract a "breach of terms" letter from google, let me know and I'll get it to a point where it is user ready.

screenshot:
    http://homepage.mac.com/f.levin/psp/gmdl.jpg

source and exe (in /bin/debug/):
    http://homepage.mac.com/f.levin/psp/gmdl.zip

Thanks a lot for the gps hack and map viewer - that just prompted me to get a PSP.
    This is actually pretty cool, since
    lots of people seem to be having problems with cygwin installation, etc...

I just gave it a quick test - worked fine with NY 32x32 map...
    Thanks alot!!!
    Let me know once you have a brushed up version - I'll put on the front page...

BTW, you can probably do the same thing for MSN maps...

Again, good work!

DCEmu Newbie

When downloading maps with cygwin I had to turn my PC off. Is it possible to continue downloading from the place I stopped or I do I have to re-download it all?

not with current script...
    Perhaps I can enhance it later

Where is the getVEmap.sh script? I must be blind, can't find it any were...

Thanks!

go to my entry @ neo flash forum.. it's attached to the thread.. you must login to see the attachements though...

Quote Originally Posted by deniska
    go to my entry @ neo flash forum.. it's attached to the thread.. you must login to see the attachements though...
    Don't know how I've missed that... Must be going blind or is the lack of coffe (today, no coffe machine around here... ) I'm going mad...

well, past Friday I've bought the holux GPSlim236 to use during the away weekend but didn't have the time to build me a cable/adaptor (don't wana mess with the original remote...) hopefully today (by night) I'll buy a prototyping double-sided PCB and build me an adaptor...

Is there a section for votes in NEO FLASH Forum yet? If yes, missed that too!

Quote Originally Posted by fokia
    Don't know how I've missed that... Must be going blind or is the lack of coffe (today, no coffe machine around here... ) I'm going mad...

well, past Friday I've bought the holux GPSlim236 to use during the away weekend but didn't have the time to build me a cable/adaptor (don't wana mess with the original remote...) hopefully today (by night) I'll buy a prototyping double-sided PCB and build me an adaptor...

Is there a section for votes in NEO FLASH Forum yet? If yes, missed that too!
    Make sure you insert headphone plug in to psp socket when you test your connection... ;-)

Not sure how voting works @ neo compo...

Quote Originally Posted by deniska
    Make sure you insert headphone plug in to psp socket when you test your connection... ;-)

Not sure how voting works @ neo compo...
    OK, I was aware that the sound jack needs to be plugged in to activate the serial port (ps2dev) - thanks anyway!!! I'm sure that a lot of people don't know this... and it's nice to hold the serial connector though (preliminary tests)!!

As soon as you know that voting is/will be possible, let us know!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information