Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guitar Tuner DS?

DCEmu Newbie

Default Guitar Tuner DS?

Has anyone homebrewed a guitar tuner for the DS?
    Seems that it would be a great application.
    Thanks,
    Jeph

For the DS, battleroyalex...

That sounds like a good idea, however as far as I know it hasnt been done.

Coders should perhaps give it a shot. All it would have to do would be play back 6 tones.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjedi
    Has anyone homebrewed a guitar tuner for the DS?
    Seems that it would be a great application.
    Thanks,
    Jeph
    I think what ninjedi was talking about was using the Nintendo DS Mic to pick up the guitar sounds and show what pitch its in on the NDS screen, sort of like a normal guitar tuner. It would be a great idea and seems simple enough since it just needs to detect the pitch and show a simple meter.

Quote Originally Posted by walkdontrun
    I think what ninjedi was talking about was using the Nintendo DS Mic to pick up the guitar sounds and show what pitch its in on the NDS screen, sort of like a normal guitar tuner. It would be a great idea and seems simple enough since it just needs to detect the pitch and show a simple meter.
    I thought that may be a bit hard to program though. I have yet to see a hb game use the mic. But who knows.. Im no developer.

I've used PC versions of tuners that use the microphone. They have worked well. I hope someone can figure out how to do that, it seems like a good idea. I've never used the mic except for blowing air into it to play a minigame on New Super Mario Bros but I'be heard that voice recognition is good on games like Nintendogs and Ace Wright.

Its a good idea, BUT I dont think it will be made because programming with the mic and all would probably be quite hard, and coders probably arent interested because of the fact that there isnt much demand for it, only a few percent of people play guitar, and tuners are like $4 :/, but yeah, thats a great idea

DCEmu Rookie

Heres a good Idea make a guitar tuner that automatically plays in flash and use the swf player for ds? Or does it still not have sound support?

DCEmu Newbie

I've seen a sampler program that uses the mic to record a sound and play it at different pitches. TobW.net has the open source I think. Detecting the pitch might be wierd, though I would love to see a program like that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information