Thread: Miyamoto: Zelda Wii controls improved

Blog Entries

Rev Miyamoto: Zelda Wii controls improved

Shigeru Miyamoto, in an interview with Nintendo Dream, has revealed that Nintendo has reworked the control system for the Wii version of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Now, as with Ubisoft's Red Steel, Zelda: Twilight Princess will let you wield the Wii remote as a sword.

The version of Twilight Princess shown at E3 forced players to operate Link's sword by pressing the B button, but the actual game will now let players make like Errol Flynn, which in turn frees up the B button for firing arrows (at E3, the D-Pad was used for archery).

In the interview, Nintendo's revered, perpetually grinning, resident genius also said: "I'm also thinking I can remake some of my GameCube games for Wii, making use of the Wii-mote. Of course you can wander into a second hand shop and buy a lot of these games still, so I don't think we can release these games at full price. Since a lot of the development cost has already been accounted for, we'll be able to release these at a much more affordable price."

The prospect of cheap GameCube games re-engineered for the Wii-mote should make Nintendo fan-boys come over all unnecessary. And stay tuned for further Ninty revelations from Leipzig on Wednesday.

Double Dash! please Miyamoto!

Yeah I would rather get Double Dash or Simpsons Hit and Run or something...

Yeah double dash or maybe Pikmin!

Thread Information