Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Heart of The Alien for PSP - R1 is out

Quote Originally Posted by aries2k4
    hm, I can start the game see the cutscenes but when I get to the part to write your name, how do you go on from there. if I press OK it just deletes a letter and start deletes all. anybody have this problem??

I can't even get it to do that. It justs keeps exiting out to the XMB. Strange... I did everthing right...I named the iso just as desribed...any hints?

DCEmu Coder

Mr. Shizzy: the game being originally for the Sega CD doesn't mean anything, really. The program is *just-an-interpreter-for-the-game-datafiles* and these datafiles have nothing special with them because the game is a Sega CD one. Moreover, I didn't code this from scratch, I just ported the PC version.

About shrinking the CD, technically it could be done since the ISO actually contains both games but the interpreter only plays HOTA and not Another World (no, it's not the same engine and not easy to do). But I don't know WHAT to strip.

aries2k4: er... that's not for you to input your name, it's to input a password. Where did you get idea from? Just tap OK without inputting anything and the game will run.

About music: I'm trying, eventually it will play the track files in .ogg format.

DCEmu Newbie

Talking

Hey!

Greetings.
    Kudos on the PSP port. I haven't checked that out yet, but I'm glad somebody ported it cause I've been way too busy in the past ... almost 2 years now

I want to make a few things clear: I coded the PC version a couple of years ago. The hota:r project (hosted at http://hota.sourceforge.net) only supports the Heart of The Alien game in the shovelware for SegaCD. The engine used in Another World is *MUCH* simpler (I have a PSP version of it running in about 700 C lines Anyway, there was and still is, a problem releasing that version or that code. Legally, I'm not allowed to.

So, in the meanwhile, you can enjoy these shots of it:

This version is using the HiRes Collectors Edition backdrops and sound effects

One more thing, Tinnus: kudos and all, but you are obligated to release the source code. I have licensed my code as GPL

Cheers!

DCEmu Pro

Ok finally got it going. Thanks for the info Tinnus. Donīt know why I was thinking that was to enter a name,lol.
    Thanks for the original port, gawdOr

DCEmu Coder

gawd0r: sure, no problem I was just lazy to package it, I'd post it as soon as someone asked.

Attached.

I have always wanted to play the Sega CD games What is the specs for the counsole system?
    Shining Force 3 would be a really sweet game to port over.

I have the HOTA iso, & this download. I would give my right eye to get this damn thing to work. Note: The iso seem sto be 2 files. The first is a BIN image (435,525 KB) the second is just coming up as a "VLC image" (thats a media viewer on my PC) and that ones 3KB. Do I try to combine them or something? Any advice would most certainly be appreciated.

You may need to extract the iso from the bin. My iso is like 10 mb. I assume it's the right one. I get far enough to either fall off a cliff or get eaten by a bear (or whatever that is).

I don't know if iso buster will do the trick, but may be worth a try,
    http://www.isobuster.com/

Also this site offers one way of extracting the iso from the CD http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Heart_of_the_Alien

DCEmu Pro

Mr Shizzy,
    Use google to search for a program called MagicISO. You can use that program to convert the .bin file to an iso.
    or you can burn to a cd and then extract to an iso image with Isobuster.
    Lol, ya I either get eaten by the bear or fall off a cliff. Any ideas? Are you supposed to make that jump off the cliff? Tried many times with no luck.

Any idea on when the R2 will be out Tinnus?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information