Page 21 of 117 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows maps download tool for MapThis! by in7ane

in7ane,

I want to implement files-container system for MapThis, so each map is stored as 1 large file.
    This should help managing maps and remove huge FAT overhead, experienced in current setup

Please see the attached spec and let me know if you have any questions or suggestions...

Naturally, your tool would be responsible for "wrapping up" the files. ;-)

DCEmu Regular

deniska, looks good, some requests:

GPSFSV1 to be GPSFSV01, to fill the char[8] fully

basezoom to be 8 bytes, and to support negative zooms

filetype to be 8 bytes as well

if x and/or y are negative interpret as coords.txt missing

Actually - can all of them, except the first char[8], (IDXn's too - or is there a reason for strings?) just be signed Int64's so there is no need to mess about with conversion/signed/unsigned, and the max values are high enough anyway? (making the first 64 bytes the file definition)

To preserve the ability to re-download missing tiles, and make it easier for myself (and to easily implement simultaneous tile downloads in the future) I'll probably add this as a converter for the existing map folders (with a suffix _/. GPSFS - GFS would probably be a bad choice

I assume this replaces coords.txt and the Nx zoom folders, while still living inside a _MAP_NAME folder together with POI and icon files? Or will the POI and icon files become applicable to all maps now, living in /poi/ rather than /maps/_MAP_NAME/? - either way has its advantages I guess. (maybe /maps/ /poi/ /icons/ breakdown? and /directions/ too?)

Let me know if this is ok, or what you settle on, and I'll have a go at creating a sample map tomorrow over lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by in7ane
    deniska, looks good, some requests:

GPSFSV1 to be GPSFSV01, to fill the char[8] fully

basezoom to be 8 bytes, and to support negative zooms

filetype to be 8 bytes as well

if x and/or y are negative interpret as coords.txt missing

Actually - can all of them, except the first char[8], (IDXn's too - or is there a reason for strings?) just be signed Int64's so there is no need to mess about with conversion/signed/unsigned, and the max values are high enough anyway? (making the first 64 bytes the file definition)

To preserve the ability to re-download missing tiles, and make it easier for myself (and to easily implement simultaneous tile downloads in the future) I'll probably add this as a converter for the existing map folders (with a suffix _/. GPSFS - GFS would probably be a bad choice

I assume this replaces coords.txt and the Nx zoom folders, while still living inside a _MAP_NAME folder together with POI and icon files? Or will the POI and icon files become applicable to all maps now, living in /poi/ rather than /maps/_MAP_NAME/? - either way has its advantages I guess. (maybe /maps/ /poi/ /icons/ breakdown? and /directions/ too?)

Let me know if this is ok, or what you settle on, and I'll have a go at creating a sample map tomorrow over lunch.
    I don't care what is stored in the version field for now.. so - sure..
    OK, let's make basezoom & filetype 8 bytes each..

I am OK with negative X,Y, Zoom logic.

int64 sounds OK...

let's name the file GPSFS and drop in in maps/_MAP_NAME/

yeah, I forgot to give credit to Jimmy7 who created the original FS draft...
    It's nice that people find time to help out...

DCEmu Regular

deniska, the first 48 bytes are the header, then the N+1 pointers (each offset by the 48 header bytes) then the N images, then 8 bytes of GPSFSEOF

Load or create a map, then the GPSFS button under the map name will create the GPSFS file.

http://homepage.mac.com/f.levin/psp/...2.15aGPSFS.zip

If something doesn't work in reading the file - it is likely a problem on my end (I've only tested the extraction of the values, but not the images yet), so let me know.

GPSFS.cs has all the (encoding) code.

UPDATE: please redownload, the IDX's were wrong (they were only offset by 48, not 48 + 8 * (N + 1)

DCEmu Newbie

Default Mac Download tool

is there any mac version of map download? or another way to dowload maps from osx?

Quote Originally Posted by MacDax
    is there any mac version of map download? or another way to dowload maps from osx?
    there are some script's for unix/linux... if Ypou have the correct libraries those should work under OSx (I guess)

DCEmu Regular

The short answer:

Writing for Windows was a decision based on the maximum number of people being able to run the application (while it is possible to run Windows applications on Mac/Linux using Wine/emulation/visualisation the reverse is not the case).

The long answer:

I looked at having a version written on Objective-C for mac at the start, and at porting using Mono more recently. Maintaining two branches - one in ObjC and one in C# would not have worked, while transitioning to Mono is something I would still like to do (this is not going to happen any time soon) - once the code becomes stable.

In the meantime - it is not only the exe - the full (Visual Studio 2005 C#) source code is there if anyone wants to begin porting it.

If you just want to run it - it works fine under Parallels and Windows XP SP2 on an Intel mac, and I would imagine you would also get reasonable performance under emulation in VirtualPC (there is not really anything processor intensive).

As for working under Wine (soon to be out for Intel Macs as well), and maybe http://darwine.opendarwin.org/ on PPC - I'd appreciate any reports on if it does.

DCEmu Regular

deniska,

Very sorry about this, the previous versions were completely wrong, I hope you didn't waste any time trying to code based on them.

Definitely works now - there's code to extract the GPSFS.

http://homepage.mac.com/f.levin/psp/...2.15aGPSFS.zip

DCEmu Newbie

Hey in7ane, tonight me come up an feature that i´ve missing, and i hope other users too, can u in a future release build in an converter from a netstumbler (wifi spot finder) summary file to a deniska poi file, that would be very cool, so we can add our Hotspots in a tiny map on the psp.
    if you need input, say it, thx

I have downloaded a ttc toronto map for this program, and i have found the same map on internet as a pdf. Is it possible to transform other maps in pdf format, so they can be used for mapthis? How?
    thanks

Thread Information