Page 49 of 117 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows maps download tool for MapThis! by in7ane

DCEmu Regular

deniska, http://www.in7ane.com/psp/maps_vario...nquin_JPEG.zip will crash if you zoom in straight after opening the map (ie without a preset location), however if you scroll up and then zoom in it will be fine (bottom half of the map is empty).

rhygin, could you post a from-to for which this happens (they probably changed the site a bit - I'll update the app then).

People were asking about EU geodata - if somebody really wants it, it may be an idea trying to see what can be extracted out of openstreetmap.org (you'll get street names, and in dense European cities this may be sufficient). I will try to setup Canadian geodata in the next few weeks (Statistics Canada publishes a TIGER/Line like dataset in GML).

DCEmu Newbie

@in7ane
    Hi I just used your latest GMDL and noticed that the resizing does not work 100%
    If you decrease the size too much then some buttons overlap others and you cannot activate the hidden ones.
    On my laptop 1024X768 it is not possible to see all buttons at all because I connot enlarge enough

DCEmu Newbie

To in7ane

Thanks I have found where to put scale but I do not understand 1 moment look at this
    http://ifolder.ru/1199003
    video at me scale why that another

And here video

if look at me it is impossible to unite some maps in
    one and it is shown that big maps do not open in this program.
    Is better the program works with files PDF when I code PNG-> PDF that the file opens..
    PNG the same file before coding does not open...
    Thanks for your program, hope we together her we shall improve...

RE
    deniska, http://www.in7ane.com/psp/maps_vario...nquin_JPEG.zip will crash if you zoom in straight after opening the map (ie without a preset location), however if you scroll up and then zoom in it will be fine (bottom half of the map is empty).

This map perfect work on my PSP

How you have made the big scale in this map?
    At me after translation in your program for me zoom 5 only and a map not full view at coding you specified what options?

Hi guys,
    Using the GMDL tool and the Mapthis I found some problems for UK maps.

GMDL:
    Aways when i tryed to generate the geodata.dat file using 0.46 or 0.48 versions, both crash and said to me that there is program error.

Map this:
    Amazing application, but I think that for UK need to be fixed at some points.

After I've generated my geodata file, I was trying to use on Mapthis but it cant find nothing, either the most famous streets. Another problem is the Postal Code is just 5 chars and cant find anyone as well, so make me think that maybe the geodata file for UK is not working with map this.

Now Im dreaming, but we have some mark points, but I can't actually plan a journey with then.

Another nice thing is that maybe this forum could share the maps and POIs from a lot of places and users (customized maps) so the people could get better and existent information here than downloading by theirself. Its like create the wheel again

Congratulations guys for that nice job, free for every one and really impressive.

Im a graphic designer and if I can help you guys please let me know.

Sorry about my english (brazilian guy in London).

@leaod,
    UK geodata is not really a finished feature, so hang on...
    If you want to help with graphics, see if you can improve the imagery in system folder.. (just keep the dimentions the same

@deniska
    Nice one, this week I will spend some time trying to improve that graphics. I will post it soon.
    Cheers

FYI, I posted yet beta version for generic gps units... Here is the link:
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...604#post364604

DCEmu Newbie

in7ane
    first of all...i would like to say thanks and great work to deniska and in7ane for 2 really great progs..i think they have come out with the best homebrew progs for the psp. that said..i would like to make some suggestions to in7ane maybe for the next gmdl prog.
    1)by default, the browse tab in gmdl shows the google map page..maybe you can link this to the map source chosen ..like when the user chooses msn map..the browse tab would show the msn map page because some places are not covered by google map.
    2)the map shown is usually far bigger than the actual map that is shown when the user previews it..maybe the map could be the same size as the map to be downloaded..this would make choosing the map you want to download far easier for noobs like me.

i hope in7ane would consider putting in these features in the next release.great job and thanks..:thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

Right now im making a map thats for all my area (city) and it has been on for 3 hours (65%) :P
    If i want to have a bigger area without remaking everything just to get slightly more, is that possible? How do i "lap" together two maps into one?

Quote Originally Posted by JoQ View Post
    Right now im making a map thats for all my area (city) and it has been on for 3 hours (65%) :P
    If i want to have a bigger area without remaking everything just to get slightly more, is that possible? How do i "lap" together two maps into one?
    Combining maps is nearly impossible...
    You best bet is to make another map with a different zoom range (perhaps you don't need super detailed zooms)

Thread Information