Page 55 of 117 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows maps download tool for MapThis! by in7ane

DCEmu Newbie

Suggestion a new feature:

We can browse downloaded map files like Mapthis does on a PSP. By this way, we can test the map data before transferinh it into PSP.

DCEmu Newbie

hello. I'm having a problem with downloading google maps. it was working fine before but don't know why now everytime I finished download the maps and it's converting to GPSFS after it done, it says:

"something went wrony, invalid dir, GPSFS already exists, etc." and it shows the folder location of the map been downloaded " + is where it's (temp) at never having made it to" the folder I point to " (if different)"

The folder I point to is made with "_" in the front, and all the maps tiles are in that folder and all looks ok. and if I click the "->GPSFS" button under the progress it will then create all five GPSFS files for me, but when I copy them to the MS and load it up in Map This 047 or 048 it just freeze for a while and shut down the unit. Can any one help me out, please!!

I'm using firmware 3.10 OE-A2 and PSP-290, and I have tried on 3.03 OE-B it does the same.

Thanks

DCEmu Newbie

I'm new here and I need some help. I am trying to build the map for Toronto Canada, I use the map download program to get the map of Toronto and after it was done, i look into the _Toronto folder I didnt find the geodata.dat file, how am I be able to make this file ? I have the Sony PSP GPS device, is it without the geodata.dat file, I cannot make it work with Map This right?

Quote Originally Posted by kogetsu View Post
    I'm new here and I need some help. I am trying to build the map for Toronto Canada, I use the map download program to get the map of Toronto and after it was done, i look into the _Toronto folder I didnt find the geodata.dat file, how am I be able to make this file ? I have the Sony PSP GPS device, is it without the geodata.dat file, I cannot make it work with Map This right?
    geodata.dat is for street address resolution only..
    There is no geodata available for Canada yet..but
    you should still be able to get the maps, and perhaps POIS, using the tool...
    Your Toronto folder should include either 5 GPSFS* files or subfolders with map tiles.... and it should work in MapThis.. if it does not - try describing what you do in greater detail (perhaps sharing your map online) so other could help you..

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by fupeng View Post
    Suggestion a new feature:

We can browse downloaded map files like Mapthis does on a PSP. By this way, we can test the map data before transferinh it into PSP.
    I second this very strongly.

Today I spent at least 2 hours debugging MapThis! and it turned out to be corrupted GPSFS.

Deniska, any comment on this?

I could not find any problems with in7ane's map files for quite awhile. every time I find an issue - it turns out to be my bug, lol..
    But sure, if he is willing to setup a better testing tool - I am up for it...
    In my experience, maps usually get corrupted on the MS as a result of unexpected shutdowns...

In any case, here is yet another beta, addressing some of the issues and possibly introducing new ones :-)
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...d=1#post368627

DCEmu Newbie

I too like to see a tool that can browse downloaded map before copy them to the MS.

I also have a suggestion feature for the GMDL, maybe can be put in on the next release. that is a close button for the 8x8 tile window. because once click on the "pull tiles" the 8x8 pop up window can not be close, sometime once I see how the map been cut up in tile, i want to make some changes to the map position or zoom, but no way to close the window and make the changes. not any way that I know of it. if there already a way to go back, can you tell me how? but still be easier just have a button on top of the pop up window to close it and go back to the Browser window.

DCEmu Regular

DennyPSP, subtract 1 from zoom and multiply x and y by 2 to zoom into the top left tile, it works like this (zoom 13 9,4 then zoom 12 18,8 then zoom 11 36,16, etc. while to move about the x is like the standard x axis, while the y is inverse - y=0 is at the north pole and as you go south it increases):

http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/tile_structure.png

zsc, the filler tiles are no longer needed (they were a work around for a bug a few versions back that I forgot to remove) - I'll disable the option in the next release.

Regarding the map tester/browser - I'll include a tester that loads (flashes?) every image into a Bitmap to see if it's ok and gives a report on how many total/missing/specified/ok/bad tiles there are (it'll take quite a while to run for large maps I imagine), is this what deniska and MIB.42 want? For a browser, you do realize that it will probably be not particularly user friendly (nothing like an offline version of google maps, more like what you see on multimap.com) do you still think there is a use for it then?

leon21ca, could you post the settings for the map you were downloading when creating GPSFS failed (can you check that you didn't run out of space), I'll take a look at it (though this is going to be something that's a bit hard to replicate I imagine). I'll put in a cancel button out of the detail selection screen in the next version.

DCEmu Newbie

I download the new GMDL 0.4.10b and test it out last night, and this time everything work out ok, I didn't get the GPSFS failed message. I'm not sure is it something that I did wrong before most likly that's the case, or the new release fixed the problem somehow. I'll try to download a big detailed map over 1,300,000 tiles of south Ontario and US boarder without the GeoData to see if it gives me any error or not. it will take me a while to download that about a day. so I'll keep you posted if something come up again.

And Thank you for taking my suggestion. keep up the great work

DCEmu Newbie

deniska & in7ane: Thanks for implementing the new features for directions. It's exactly what I wanted. :thumbup:

Thread Information