Page 57 of 117 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows maps download tool for MapThis! by in7ane

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Codaz View Post
    My corrupt map is posted in the discussion forum, topic my psp hangs and then dies. You'll find the Divshare link there.

It has a download hole in it, so it chrashes mapthis versions 0.461S and 0.48
    Indeed, one of the _EINDHOVEN map's zoomlevels seems to be missing all the tiles with some weird offset values. ( Your latest drop just ignores them, regarding possible as empty ). The latest MapThis does NOT crash with this though! At least mine doesn't... Let me know if yours still does with the 0491 release...

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by in7ane View Post
    deniska, MIB.42, testing of GPSFS maps is in (and it takes forever), let me know if this is what you had in mind (it would be good to get a copy of a corrupted map to test it, if anyone has one - could they please post it).
    This is great, thanks.
    Quick question though and please forgive my ignorance :
    What do you consider bad tiles (pic not generated?) and empty (offs==-1?) tiles?
    In the _EINDHOVEN map, I get several x==-10857 besides the x==-1 for offsets. Is this OK or "bad" ?

Thx.

DCEmu Regular

MIB.42, bad tiles are just anything that should be an image (idx >= 0) but fails to load into a bitmap (corrupt image data, or wrong derived length should trigger it as well).

That is ok, it's to specify the length of the previous tile when the next one is empty.

/4x/007/4x007007.png,4,1417297 <- length is 10857
    /8x/000/8x000000.png,4,-10857 <- empty
    /8x/000/8x000001.png,4,-1 <- empty

DCEmu Newbie

To deniska,

I am sorry to trouble you again but I still having some problem. I now be able to run mapthis 0.46s on 3.03OE , the map is loaded however the gps unit didnt seems working, it won't locate my position on the map, what step do i miss right now? Thank you for your help.

DCEmu Newbie

when i try my psp-290 device with your gps test program, I usually can only find 3 satellites but never be able to fixed on any satellites, is that what cuz the problem? Also, i would like to ask whats POI for? cuz when i make the map, i only download the map, do I also have to make the POI for the map as well?

Quote Originally Posted by kogetsu View Post
    when i try my psp-290 device with your gps test program, I usually can only find 3 satellites but never be able to fixed on any satellites, is that what cuz the problem? Also, i would like to ask whats POI for? cuz when i make the map, i only download the map, do I also have to make the POI for the map as well?
    You are posing in a wrong thread - read the PSP-290 thread for PSP-290 connection issues..
    POI - Points Of Interest - collection of GPS coordinated of different attractions (like gas, shops, restaurants, etc). POI files are generated separatelly and not included in the maps (since people may be interested in different attractions)

DCEmu Newbie

Hi inZane using GMDL 4.5b i can use the point to point routing in any newer one 4.6b to 4.11b when i hit directions tab i do not see the any of the "get values" "list" area. the map area fills to the right edge of my screen ans no scroll at the bottom.
    any ideas thanks

in7ane,
    I got following error after clicking on Russian Topomaps option in the most recent version:

Deniska, I got a script error on an in7ane.com url when using the latest gmdl to get my geodata.dat
    I have no clue if its related, if there are script errors across all his domain, etc. Do you use IE often? uhh...firefox? just curious
    1) Is it possible to add negative zoom levels to my existing gpsfs map, preferably hybrid color to match?
    2) Startupmap= what is the protocol here? I tried simply using my map's name, with and without the "_" no dice
    3) Can I make my own route by creating poi's at the intersections? Someone I adore has dire need of my service and my psp. I want to create
    a particular route for her which I know to be the least traffic-congested path, but of course, google says to go a completely different route.

It seems what I'm requesting is totally different from the rest of this thread. Should I move it to the other thread?
    1)Set a marker.
    2)Make a straight line until the road curves or turns away from the line.
    3)Place another marker...and so on.
    4)Save this as a route.
    Its so simple!! Could it work?

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by joeschmoe.lyt View Post
    It seems what I'm requesting is totally different from the rest of this thread. Should I move it to the other thread?
    1)Set a marker.
    2)Make a straight line until the road curves or turns away from the line.
    3)Place another marker...and so on.
    4)Save this as a route.
    Its so simple!! Could it work?
    You mean you wish to store the cross (set marker) and circle (pathpoints) combinations in MapThis?
    This should be most certainly doable and later reloadable on a per map basis... I'll look at this...

Thread Information