Page 5 of 117 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows maps download tool for MapThis! by in7ane

try to format it as FAT32..(on your PC)

I was able to fit 256x map with ~87,390 tiles on 1GB stick
    It took ~ 650Mb of space... so I had some space left for other stuff...

DCEmu Newbie

Can I do that through the USB connection on the PSP as I have no card reader? Guessed it would be something to do with file allocation but didn't realise I could use FAT32.

Sorry scrap that post, thinking before typing allways helps. Thanks for the suggestion deniska. Will give it a go. Excellent program by the way, keep up the good work!

DCEmu Newbie

I have tried the gmdl 22 but as I live in Iceland and google apparently does not have maps of my country, I am trying to download satellite images only.

Unfortunately this does not seem to work very well with my country. I would appreciate it if somebody could possibly explain why this is not working. Maybe someone could try ?

DCEmu Regular

Just added some POI support (in the POI tab, navigate to the area you are interested in, move the map about a bit so location/span is set by the page, enter your search term, and click through the 3 buttons). Deniska, thanks for the Local.Live tip, which this runs off.

screenshot:
    http://homepage.mac.com/f.levin/psp/gmdl23.jpg

source and exe (in /bin/debug/):
    http://homepage.mac.com/f.levin/psp/gmdl23.zip

I would appreciate any feedback on this.

Re: Iceland and other areas not covered by Google Maps, navigate to the area using the "Map" option (this is the only one that is supported to get coordinates out), but chose a different source (MSN Map seems to cover Reykjavik), test via the popup previews.

DCEmu Newbie

I´ve tried that. I have had success by using cygwin and downloading satellite images but your software seems to make it so much easier. I will just have to hope that Google get their act together as the maps from Microsoft are not that great nor the satellite images.

Quote Originally Posted by in7ane
    Just added some POI support (in the POI tab, navigate to the area you are interested in, move the map about a bit so location/span is set by the page, enter your search term, and click through the 3 buttons). Deniska, thanks for the Local.Live tip, which this runs off.

screenshot:
    http://homepage.mac.com/f.levin/psp/gmdl23.jpg

source and exe (in /bin/debug/):
    http://homepage.mac.com/f.levin/psp/gmdl23.zip

I would appreciate any feedback on this.

Re: Iceland and other areas not covered by Google Maps, navigate to the area using the "Map" option (this is the only one that is supported to get coordinates out), but chose a different source (MSN Map seems to cover Reykjavik), test via the popup previews.

Man, this is IN7ANE!!! Really cool stuff..
    I should take a class & learn doing GUI stuff in C#...

BTW, I tried to PM you but could not do it on this forum... Maybe you could create an account with ps2dev and pm from there...

Anyway, there are a couple of small bugs in new version...(partly my fault)
    1) Looks like "g" parameter acts funny after 250 count... Take a look at these 2 queries:
    http://local.live.com/search.ashx?a=...s&where1=false
    http://local.live.com/search.ashx?a=...s&where1=false

The both seem to return same stuff, thus you have duplicates in your file...
    Maybe you could check if you start getting same stuff and break out of that loop....

2) Since urban areas, like New York, may have a huge number of POI's (read restaurants) per square inch, it would be neat to let the user enter a "detail factor", ie if detail factor is 10, you split the original search area in to 100 segments, get data for each one of them and combine it in the output...
    This way, if someone wants to cover a big area, the search will still be detailed and hopefully return more than 500 points...

But as I said this is really good tool!!!!

DCEmu Newbie

I was really curious about this app but I can only view the sample maps.

I tried gmdl22 together with Deniska's app but my own maps simply won't load in mapviewer

I can download them fine with that nice app. I tried zipping and not zipping them but mapviewer will just show me a blinking memory stick light for a couple of minutes. I use a SanDisk 1GB stick. My map is 19 MB ... what can I do ?

I'm in Germany but the maps showed up and downloaded fine if that makes a difference.

Try checking the map with the HTML files, provided with the release...

DCEmu Newbie

But which one of the HTML files do I take and where does it go relative to the Map folder location ? I could only find achor points in the HTML :/

I also tried your scripts but despite me having a working Cygwin setup I seem to miss a lot of components you require, so no go there either.

DCEmu Newbie

in7ane POI support works great! Thank you!

Thread Information