Page 61 of 117 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows maps download tool for MapThis! by in7ane

hmm
    @the moment I'm trying to create a Map of Germany.
    (8162 map size) but when I'm clicking Download (after unchecking some tiles) the program is crashing

DCEmu Regular

http://www.in7ane.com/psp/gmdl0.4.13b.zip

Screenshot of a Canadian topographic map with geodata: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/posts/toporama.png

(1)
    GeoData for Canada (thanks to the StatCan 2006 census) - I have fudged the data into auto generated zip codes, so for now you do not get the town and province names, just the number and street name (I do intend to look at the boundaries file for proper regions, or setting closest cities eventually).

(2)
    Canadian Toporama ( http://atlas.nrcan.gc.ca ) topographic maps. Works as follows: navigate to your desired area as usual, pull 800x800 tiles which will be automatically assembled and aligned into a MapCruncher YUM file, render the MapCruncher file, then use the result as a MapCruncher source (if other people use this I can potentially make it a one-step process since MapCruncher has a command line option - let me know).

Sample mashup: http://www.in7ane.com/toporama/ (no I will not render all of Canada, just the parks , but I guess it wouldn't hurt other Canadians here to contact Natural Resources Canada and ask them to add the Toporama layer to their existing Web Map Service - that would enable backcountrymaps.com like services).

Sample map: http://www.in7ane.com/psp/maps_topor...(Toporama).zip

Note: Algonquin (1024x1024 area equivalent map with 2304 800x800 tiles does not load into MapCruncher, but Killarney at 256x256 with 144 800x800 tiles does), so the next version will group 800x800 tiles into 8000x8000 (probably) ones.

(3)
    tooltips.txt - works the same as translation.txt, if anyone gets around to populating some of the controls I can start distributing it.

Sample:

GMdl.label6(Map Name (start with _)=
    GMdl.map_name()=Path to the directory where the map images will be downloaded
    GMdl.tabs()=

(4)
    Previously released under .12 re-releases:

(a)
    Semi-usable sizing under big fonts.

(b)
    Saving 8192x8192 base level tiles from the viewer (if you want to run non GPS compatible maps through MapCruncher).

deniska, I think the address lookup (don't know if exact or exhaustive) does not clear search results from a previous search if you perform a search which returns no results (to replicate: search for a street address that exists and select it, then search for gibberish and it will show the previous results). And a feature suggestion out of that - the ability to see the last search results again without having to retype the search terms (or was this the idea behind the above ie not a bug but a feature?).

Mystheryman, if the map download starts ok without unchecking any tiles it is a RAM issue that I am aware of (I will hopefully get around to redoing the area selection screen which will solve it), if not let me know and I will try to replicate and fix it. However, you have a very slim chance of fitting a map of that size onto a memory stick.

pretty impressive stuff, in7ane!

I'll look in to geosearch logic, whenever I have time..

DCEmu Regular

in7ane, the following bugs are found by me in GMDL 0.4.12b yesterday.

Poi's aren't displayed correctly, but only as blue dots, not as gas icons (i selected gas.png in GMDL and applied to all).

-Directions are very often given too late. For example, if i must take the exit on the highway, the poi is given ON the exit, not in front of it.

Quote Originally Posted by in7ane View Post
    Mystheryman, if the map download starts ok without unchecking any tiles it is a RAM issue that I am aware of (I will hopefully get around to redoing the area selection screen which will solve it), if not let me know and I will try to replicate and fix it. However, you have a very slim chance of fitting a map of that size onto a memory stick.
    Without unchecking any Tiles everything is working fine.
    But i Think the map gets to big (I only need germany )
    Same with newest GMDL.

Just for Info:
    I'm using Windows Vista
    and my Hardware:
    AMD 64 3500+ and 2GB of Ram.

DCEmu Newbie

in7ane, i know that the geodata.dat is only for US... but will it work if i find any for Sweden (Europe)? I found some files, but they aint ".dat" format, is there any converter?

Thanks alot!

Hello all i have a 3.11 psp and bought it in blackpool i also bought a gps reciever from hong kong wondered if anyone knows if i need a homebrew psp to make it work

you need Homebrew, when you are living outside of Japan. Because Maplus software is only Covering Japan at the moment.

@JoQ Same question here in Germany

DCEmu Newbie

Is the GeoData stuff for applying Adresses and Street Names to the Maps in MapThis?!

DCEmu Newbie

are there any step by step instructions for using this app because it is really very complicated.

Thread Information