Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the Greatest Mario Game Ever?

This is a toughy. The first Mario on the nes was awsome. Couldn't stand Mario 2. Super Mario World on the snes had me hooked for months. Mario Kart I still play, its why my snes is still under my tv next to my 360. For some reason I've never been able to get into Mario 64 and Mario sunshine. They maybe excellent games, just not my cup of tea. Super Mario Bros on the ds is a very good game and goes someway to recapturing the magic. Overall though my vote has to go to Super Mario Brothers 3 on the nes. I played this game constantly. Finding out every secret I could, every hidden block, I was hooked for years, litterally.

Also are we including mgames with mario appearances or just ones where he was one of the main characters. If we are I'll have to say super smash bros. melee on the GAMECUBE but if not I think its a tie between super mario all stars+super mario world (it is literally one game, they came all together didn't they, or just super mario world), paper mario,and super mario 64 ds

duz yoshis island count ? that or super mario world on snes

DCEmu Rookie

Default Super Mario World

The first game I played on the first system I ever had. I've beaten it at least 100 times (probably more).

I think it is the best game because of the incredible control you have over the characters. You just feel like you are mario or luigi and you can get out of any bad situation. The flying is also amazing in the game. I just don't feel the same control in the older nes games and in Yoshi's Island. You kind of feel like you're tied down by the controller.

But in SMW I just feel like I'm melted into the controller and you have full control. It's a little harder on PSP because of the different controller but I still crank a few games out once in a while while standing in line somewhere.

I just can't say enough good things about Super Mario World. My favorite racing game is Mario Kart 64. And I haven't gotten too into the 3D ones but they're OK. (18yo)

Super Mario Bros. for NES! It started it all!

Its a tie between
    Mario 64 and Super Mario 3 for Nes
    for me
    Super mario 2 was good but never could finish it

DCEmu Rookie

Super Mario World for Snes. I played it exclusively for 3 years back then when i bought it.

DCEmu Newbie

SMB3 on NES still playin today
    showed it to my lil bro and he can t stop playin it

smb3 on NES was by far THE game to have back in the day. played it non stop for like 3 days beat it like 14 times in a row lol still play it today with my family..awesome game

Atari 2600-Mario Brothers started it all! Sorry, just had to resay that. . .

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information