Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS MMORPG or other massivly multiplayer possible?

Default Nintendo DS MMORPG or other massivly multiplayer possible?

Hey,

I love MMO games, and by that i dont just mean a MMORPG, but any game where theres dozens of people all online in one game, and was wondering if anyone sees this in the future of DS homebrew?, or much more likely, an official DS game?

I'd love one and I think a portable with the addictiveness of World of Warcraft would really make DS must-have for alot of people, but i know its asking alot from a DS

DCEmu Newbie

I'd love to see something like this as well. Personally, I think a mmo Shining Soul for the DS would be a nice fit. Something along those lines would work well.

Also, from what I've seen and heard, Contact offers an interesting formula for multiplayer, and some of those principles may be useful in the future of handheld MMOs.

It's only a matter of time before we see one though, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember seeing a release announcement for some form of one on the PSP. Who knows if that will pan out, but time will tell.

I heard a rumor a while back that MapleStory was going to be made for DS (a side-scrolling MMORPG)

www.mapleglobal.com (Unfortunatly, you MUST use Internet Explorer, but dont worry its a clean site)

I took a quick look at that game, it looks like it would fit in well with DS, but I kind of have mixed feelings about a side scrolling MMORPG, still i want all the MMO's they can through at us =D, idealy i'd want a game like animal crossing/final fantasy (i mean that in the way it looks and the way it plays) to be MMORPG, similar to WoW, from there it could branch out to sports, fighting, etc. and make some awesome stuff, but I think a MMORPG is the way to go for the first DS MMO.

Graal DS, baby. That's all there is to it.

DCEmu Old Pro The Hombrew Hunter's Avatar

You frigging nuts? Graal sucks! Oh the burn.

I'd rather have Runescape DS. But the DS isn't good with Java, I believe.

Maple Story would suck if it linked up to the pc version.

Ragnarok Online homebrew client with private server support would be great, considering how it's played. Hold mouse over spot to move, and hold it to move completely. Genious!

...besides the fact that runescape sucks, it may be the only thing we could get on the ds. i mean, the only reason people play it as opposed to other games is cuz its free and works well for people on slow compys. it might be the only game the ds has the power to run and support.

seriously. close your eyes (yet continue to read this through your eyelids, or read it first, then do it...) anyway, close your eyes and imagine what's going on inside the compy when you're running runescape. it runs in the browser, has horrible graphics, so how much power can it use?
    now imagine what's going on when it's running, like, WoW or Maplestory. With WoW, some of you would imagine your computers exploding right in front of your face. and believe me, DSes are MUCH more explosion-prone than compys.

now, the psp might be different, since it seems to have the power of a ps2. or at least psone. (although i dont have a psp, so that would suck if one came out for it. i would shoot it.)

So think about that for a minute. (not trying to be mean to anyone)

BlueStar

Dude.....running it in the browser takes more power, rs doesnt run perfectly on my computer yet MapleStory and WoW do just fine

DCEmu Old Pro The Hombrew Hunter's Avatar

It's Java, and it's fun depending on how you play.

Going into members, the duel arena...Wearing nothing and staking with a n00b. Have them stake, wear all your strongest armor, pwn them. Unequip it all, and repeat.

It must be the ads, nonmems has many ads.

I would support a client, I'd love to play it. I feel like lying down and pwning n00bs in the process...

DCEmu Newbie

What you guys don't think World of Warcraft would port good?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information