Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS MMORPG or other massivly multiplayer possible?

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksand
    What you guys don't think World of Warcraft would port good?
    ...joking?

Personally, I would love to see some form of handheld Ragnarok Online as well, I don't care if its on the DS or the PSP or whatever. With the DS it could work great because of the point and click system of the PC version, but the resolution on the PSP would be incredibly beautiful as well. Even something remotely close to RO would make me happy. If they can't do it with the 3D backgrounds, then just draw some friggin backgrounds and do it old school style with the JPEG's Actually I'm not sure what format they use for the images, but you get the picture... Pun not intended >.>

Quote Originally Posted by The Hombrew Hunter
    It's Java, and it's fun depending on how you play.

Going into members, the duel arena...Wearing nothing and staking with a n00b. Have them stake, wear all your strongest armor, pwn them. Unequip it all, and repeat.

It must be the ads, nonmems has many ads.

I would support a client, I'd love to play it. I feel like lying down and pwning n00bs in the process...
    um... i was a member at one point, and i still hated it.

DCEmu Old Pro The Hombrew Hunter's Avatar

Eh, the point of members is bragging and making other people feel like losers.

An RO client for private servers would be great people! Private Servers are legal.

World of Warcraft would be a crap port, what with the monthly cost.

Hm, Maplestory still seems the most possible but what about Guildwars? I havent played it so i dont know how good it is...

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by battleroyalex
    ...joking?
    Of course I'm joking, and as far as guildwars its fun for the first few weeks then it loses intrest if you can't devote every minute in order to take advantage of all the new addons.

Ewww not Runescape, that thing makes me feel ill, i'd rather have Habbo DS =-X!

But yeah, I never thought a direct WoW port is possible, but making a game like that officially with one of the game companys definatly is, and maybe a homebrew with the same idea of how it plays, but totally different graphics could work?, not sure, I dont homebrew =( (yet atleast)

I havent heard of the others mentioned so far, except guildwars which would also be awesome on DS, either way i think DS is a great system for this because of its touch screen for point and click, the fact you could use that for the battle menus like with WoW and stuff, and that it could easily become the "next big thing" in schools, like digimon and tamagotchi where, albeit a tad more expensive.

DCEmu Regular

Runescape... why? That game is so cheap and unpolished. At least the free MMO's from Korea are something nice to look at... Habbo DS actually sounds "do-able" from a technical standpoint and wouldn't require much power to play. The vast majority of online players normally quarter a more "gameplay" oriented game though. Habbo is basically a chatroom with graphics.

Yeah, me saying i'd rather have habbo was to show how little i wanted runescape, both a pretty crappy.

DCEmu Old Pro The Hombrew Hunter's Avatar

Runescape can be a great game, it all depends on how you look at it.

Pfft, graphics $#@!s...It's like saying Super Mario Bros was a 0/10 because of 8 bit graphics!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information