Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nintendo DS MMORPG or other massivly multiplayer possible?

Beggars can hardly be choosers. At this rate, any homebrew MMORPG would be an incredible feat. The homebrewer would not only have to know how to do all the programming, game design, graphics, testing, etc, but would need to know a lot about networking, running a server, etc. Not only all that, but also he (they) would have to run that server 24/7.

It's unlikely, but still possible.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by The Hombrew Hunter View Post

World of Warcraft would be a crap port, what with the monthly cost.
    World of Warcraft has private servers too you know... I'm playing one right now. Same EXP and Drop rates as blizzard, completely free.

Runescape can be a great game, it all depends on how you look at it.

Pfft, graphics $#@!s...It's like saying Super Mario Bros was a 0/10 because of 8 bit graphics!
    True. I played Runescape alot about 3 years ago. It's probably the MMO I've stuck to for the longest.

I think the reason why people don't like it is because of the not-so-nice graphics and all of the 8 year olds who play it

Apart from that, it's got alot to do and almost seems like a dumbed-down WoW.

DCEmu Newbie

You frigging nuts? Graal sucks! Oh the burn.

I'd rather have Runescape DS. But the DS isn't good with Java, I believe.

Maple Story would suck if it linked up to the pc version.

Ragnarok Online homebrew client with private server support would be great, considering how it's played. Hold mouse over spot to move, and hold it to move completely. Genious!
    You realize that if it were an official DS game, it wouldn't be Java? Unless you were using the DS browser, you'd be fine, I'm pretty sure.

DCEmu Newbie

I am developing a MMORPG for the DS/DSi and im calling it Sword Quest! unfortunitly, it wont be finished until a long time due to that im doing it alone! I have a website up about it at: maily123.webs.com

Rap de Bladis miau miau no como verdura miau miau no seas fito***o miau miau

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information