Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING NEWS - Hello Brave New World (2.0-2.8 tiff exploit)All PSP Firmwares Cracked

Quote Originally Posted by BigMace
    Honestly this is great news I just wish that it could have waited a month or two. Because if sony missed this exploit through like 5 firmwares they still probably wouldnt have realized it for 3.0. Allowing us to atleast have user mode homebrew on 3.0. Who knows maybe 3.0 will bring a better exploit.
    agreed, but still great news

aha...it just occurred to me..lol hopefully no more booting up of gta before other homebrew =)

maybe a permanent 'patch' could be done?? who knows

patch for what?

so that you could load the the eboots right from the game menu instead of running the tiff exploit everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by felonyr301
    to be honest maybe this should of came out when the firmware with ps1 emulator is with it cause now sony would probably just take away tiff for the next firmware..
    jeah but mabe the link on sonys site and the discovery of this exploit are connected.
    abńyway yeah it shouldev been a secret untill 3.0 or 3.1

wait, oh nvm, you mean without a selection menu and crap, and just click it from the regular menu, i c what you mean

Quote Originally Posted by Roxas
    THIS IS SO FREAKING GREAT But Sony Will Start Working On A File that Will Automatic Upgrade Ur psp Or something But Since the PS1 Emulater will come out this will be a break through..Awsome
    That would be illegal, Sony must ask for your permission to install any update. Intalling firmware without user approval is against the law and would cause 1000's of lawsuits.

But this new exploit is great for 2.xx users. Luckily I still have my virgin 1.50.
    I was asked to memorise what I did not understand; and, my memory being so good, it refused to be insulted in that manner. ~Aleister Crowley (1875-1947)

what if we were tricked into doing it, in a way like they tell us theyll give us a plate of hot out of the oven cookies, and we do, and all we get is a high res photo of the presidents wife holding said cookies

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer
    Straight from www.noobz.eu

Finally, it's here! As of today, the world of homebrew is no longer restricted to owners of Grand Theft Auto.

Following the publication of a new proof of concept TIFF vulnerability by NOPx86, a team of PSP developers has been working hard to turn it into an opening for homebrew on the PSP. We're pleased to announce that the wait is over, with the release of a Hello World demo that runs on all PSP firmwares that are capable of viewing TIFF images!

You can see a photo of it in action here.

To install, just unpack the ZIP file to your PSP's PHOTO folder, and then attempt to view hello_world.tif. Hello World will launch automatically. You may find that occasionally the full screen doesn't show - this is a known problem, just restart your PSP by holding the power button until it turns off, then open the image again. To quit, hold the power button until the PSP turns off.

So what happens next? This shows that we can run code via this exploit. It won't be too hard to develop an eLoader that can use this exploit on v2.0 - v2.6. v2.7+ will be harder, due to extra security, but will happen a little later. Kernel mode is unavailable on v2.8, but it is likely that a downgrader is possible on all other firmwares. But then, with the possibility of kernel homebrew running without the need for a game UMD, why would you need to downgrade?

Full credit is given in the Hello World, but repeated here: Thanks to NOPx86 for the initial proof of concept on the x86 processor, and psp250, Skylark, Joek2100, CSwindle, JimP and Fanjita for the PSP work. Thanks also to Ditlew, HarleyG and our families for general support during this work.
    Great news for all 2.00+ users, I wonder how long it will take Sony to have firmware 2.81 released lol

so do we have a time frame on an Eboot loader, like a month or so maybe?

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information