Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING NEWS - Hello Brave New World (2.0-2.8 tiff exploit)All PSP Firmwares Cracked

psp BREAKING NEWS - Hello Brave New World (2.0-2.8 tiff exploit)All PSP Firmwares Cracked

Straight from www.noobz.eu

Finally, it's here! As of today, the world of homebrew is no longer restricted to owners of Grand Theft Auto.

Following the publication of a new proof of concept TIFF vulnerability by NOPx86, a team of PSP developers has been working hard to turn it into an opening for homebrew on the PSP. We're pleased to announce that the wait is over, with the release of a Hello World demo that runs on all PSP firmwares that are capable of viewing TIFF images!

You can see a photo of it in action

To install, just unpack the ZIP file to your PSP's PHOTO folder, and then attempt to view hello_world.tif. Hello World will launch automatically. You may find that occasionally the full screen doesn't show - this is a known problem, just restart your PSP by holding the power button until it turns off, then open the image again. To quit, hold the power button until the PSP turns off.

So what happens next? This shows that we can run code via this exploit. It won't be too hard to develop an eLoader that can use this exploit on v2.0 - v2.6. v2.7+ will be harder, due to extra security, but will happen a little later. Kernel mode is unavailable on v2.8, but it is likely that a downgrader is possible on all other firmwares. But then, with the possibility of kernel homebrew running without the need for a game UMD, why would you need to downgrade?

Full credit is given in the Hello World, but repeated here: Thanks to NOPx86 for the initial proof of concept on the x86 processor, and psp250, Skylark, Joek2100, CSwindle, JimP and Fanjita for the PSP work. Thanks also to Ditlew, HarleyG and our families for general support during this work.
    Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Thanx for the news kramer!!!
    sniff,sniffle,I love you guys!!!!!

Yeah this is big news soon everyone will have 1.5 and hopefully booster decrypts the 2.8 reboot.bin so we can have 2.8 devhook.

-!-
    /\

You think ta-082's will be able to downgrade with this?
    Maybe if we patched 1.5 to appear as if it is higher firmware,version spoof maybe?
    It'd be nice to run everything in kernel mode with the highest firmware possible
    Heck we don't even need to devhook 2.8 yet!
    Thanx again for the news kramer,I've been waiting for this

DCEmu Regular

I have 2.7 I hope to god that a downgrader or eboot loader comes swiftly

Yeah with Ookm's method.

-!-
    /\

I haven't heard much news from ookm's corner lately,hopefully he streamlines his downgrade process.

downgrading past 2.5 on a ta-082 will ALWAYS be fatal, not because they cant get the update to run....but once the firmware is installed and boots up, it sees there is something wrong (ta-082's purpose) and it becomes a brick.

somehow ookm is able to downgrade original 2.5 ta-082's, but besides that ta-082 will still be on the same boat, but hey! eboot loader w/ no gta!

Yeah now people dont have to worry about stupid patched gta bs.

-!-
    /\

WOOOT, i cant believe this isnt on the front news page!!!
    my theory is that the tiff viewer will be gone from the next firmware due to 'security issues' lol

but would sony leave it in... as if they take it out, it mite cause less ppl to upgrade as they loose the tiff viewer?

Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information