Thread: USB WNIC enough?

Default USB WNIC enough?

Do you need the wireless card or will a usb designed to pick up signals work? ive got this belkin wireless g but i cant get connected to the net atthe days inn which i know has no password. the disk says xp ready but the message said it couldnt find the WinXP logo identification..

Thats the wireless signl its picking up on for days inn/royal exstended stay.

thats the info i get.

thats the error message i get.

cany anyone help me figure this out? itsa picking up 40% of the sigal from the hotel i think.
    how fast is wireless compared to dial up usually?
    can i magnify the receivers range? is this the right part or do i need the antenna thing.

Dream Coder

you have the right piece of hardware, but they might have security measures other than a password in place on the network. also, why do you have so many windows open o_O?
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

uh i just diddnt close em. i got th tri-bar on i guess from on. Okay so the belkin usb is the right hardware. it picks up all signals..? i guess ill try to go to the front desk to see what the dealio is. even at a weak frequency i should still get above 56k right?

Thread Information