Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP Connect 4

Blog Entries

psp PSP Connect 4

HardHat & Meyitzo have released a new entry for the Lik Sang Coding Contest, heres the release details:

This is the first release of PSP Connect 4. It features:

- Side by side 2 player game
    - Infrared 2 player game (face to face)
    - One player game against a fairly agressive AI
    - Cute sound effects
    - 3D game board
    - Introduction movie

Controls:
    - Red player: left, right, and down to drop game piece.
    - Yellow player: square, circle and cross to drop game piece.
    - Use left trigger and right trigger to rotate the view.
    - In menu mode, use up, down and X to select

Download and Give feedback Via Comments
    via hardhat

DCEmu Old Pro

infrared 2 player, wont that be difficult as the ir ports need to facing each other all the time, one slip and that it, game over, isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by jak66
    infrared 2 player, wont that be difficult as the ir ports need to facing each other all the time, one slip and that it, game over, isnt it?
    Naw should not be an issue, I used to play an IR chess for PDA's and each move was beamed so I could ponder my next move then when I made it I would beam the move over to my buddies PDA.

I am sure this is setup the same way.

Man wich reminds me how come there is no wireless chess for the PSP yet. The only one I know of is "Chess Master for SNES" and that doesn't even flip the board wich is retarted. If someone can make that old chess game a long time ago (homebrew) into a IRDA game that would be cool

And great work on the Connect 4 I am a huge fan of this game. Wish IR Shell now I can walk around sending people the game, and then play them ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by jak66
    Not at all. Every move that the player makes is transmitted over the IR, and when the other player receives it, the message is acknowleged back. I had no problem with the error recovery, and it uses way less power than AdHoc networking. I think you'll find it quite robust. The range of the IR ports is several feet. Play it sitting opposite each other at a cafeteria/cafe table/library table.

DCEmu Old Pro

ok thanks for that, just some things need bot ir ports facing each other all the time, good game, now i need someone to play against (other than cpu)

DCEmu Rookie

oh man this game I used to play it all the time when I was a runt until the thing were you put the chips broke. Oh well

DCEmu Newbie

This homebrew has a ways to go. The IR option is very buggy, should have used AdHoc. The concept of this game is sound and will be a fine additon to the sceen when it is further along in development. My sons and I just worked wiht the development for a while and came to the conclusion that it is far to buggy to play. I like the movie animation in the start fo the game but the QJ.net add is not really needed is it ? Also there needs to be a way to gracefully exet the game while in play. I will wait till this game is a little further along.

Hmmm I'm sorry if this sounds noobish but I usually don't have a problem with these kinds of things after all. But I couldn't get the IRDA multiplayer to work with my m8's, has anyone else actually tried it yet?

connect 4.........brings back memories.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information