Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: idiot guide

DCEmu Newbie

Question idiot guide

Hi Total total novice brand new psp running version 2.6 trying to get some extra games on to it for my son from a disk brought of ebay no doubt a mistake
    havent got A SCOOBY what i am doing can any body advise on an extreme total idiots guide and download links for what is required.

ok. when you say you are trying to get "some extra games" on it, are you meaning Homebrew?

if that is the case you have a few options.

1) Get Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, use the ELoader to run the homebrew.

2) Get Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, use the ELoader to run the Downdater to 1.5

3) Wait till an Eloader or RAM patch comes out using the newest exploit.

there ya go!

psiko

DCEmu Newbie

Question

As i say total idiot what do you mean by an eloader and yes i believe they are home brew games instructions on my disk take me through putting on an emulator but still will not load any do the games have to be unzipped?

What people on ebay are selling its illegal ISO files. I just checked and theres a bunch of a holes doing it. Hope Sony rips there balls out. I really don't care what people play but when they try to profit thats not right.

DCEmu Newbie

Question

ok unaware of that didn't want to offend is there an idiots guide to downloading from dcemu uk from start to finish. Ebay disks now playing frisby with my dog as i say total newby not even mine just helping my lad

The best thing to do Adierobo, is to check if your psp is a TA-082 by looking through the opening in the umd drive (where you can just see the green on the motherboard and looking for some numbers) and then find the easy downdater on psp-hacks.com and downgrade to the god-like firmware that is 1.5.

DCEmu Newbie

can i get an complete idiots ebook on what the hell to do with this psp to download playable games running version 2.6 tried different sites but all speaking computer mumbo just figured how to turn the thing on and now getting slightly frustrated as nothing wants to play all files are showing being corrupt? Got my gta game HELP pls

DCEmu Old Pro

you need an unpatched version of grand theft auto:liberty city storys (only way i remember to check is that the unpatched has a 2.0 update and patched has a 2.6 update, you want the one with 2.0 update)
    check your psp disk tray, open it up and look accross the top for any writing if it is on the top right, you have cursed motherboard (uncapable of downgrading)(there could be writing in top left but that doesnt matter, only top right matters)
    get the downdater if you can downgrade
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28181
    run exe and follow instructions
    if you cant downgrade get eloader from www.noobz.eu (newest version is super bock)

Quote Originally Posted by Acidburn05
    What people on ebay are selling its illegal ISO files. I just checked and theres a bunch of a holes doing it. Hope Sony rips there balls out. I really don't care what people play but when they try to profit thats not right.
    hey ive heard all this crap about isos but its time to get a few things strait.

1. isos are illegaly downloaded games right?
    2. roms are the same freaken thing.
    3. but u people insist that roms are accually good.

but the fact is that roms are illegaly downloaded games to. but no that doesent matter because u use roms for the eloader.
    ________
    how to roll a blunt
    Last edited by andrew24; January 29th, 2011 at 10:09.

DCEmu Newbie

Off on a tangent ? Doesn't help stupid (me) here i'm after idiots guide to xtra psp games via internet can some one help pls what is an emulator? i'm (my son) running a psp with 2.6 firmware which emulator do i use? is there a different 1 for every game? need total total idiot guide to downloading step by step by step an i mean extreme basic for a effective 3yr old brain e.g 1+1=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information