Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Map This! v0.2

Once more, great job, Deniska!!!! In such short time...

You should have won the competition by far... don't know what's wrong with people...

I'll try this on my way home for lunch, can't wait...

There's definitely a major bug (more like a noob hiccup) in the map loading procedure. I completely erased my 0.1 program and copied the entire contents of 0.2 over. I made a small new map and it did the same thing I said in my previous posts. Going back to 0.1 for now....

Quote Originally Posted by joeschmoe.lyt
    There's definitely a major bug in the map loading procedure. I completely erased my 0.1 program and copied the entire contents of 0.2 over. I made a small new map and it did the same thing I said in my previous posts. Going back to 0.1 for now....
    If you load sat maps and use it with 1.5 fw eboot, try the patch that I uploaded to neoflash forums....(see detaild at the begining of this thread..

I didn't have any problem loading previous maps... So must be you doing something wrong...

I have a suggestion for future versions:

I noticed that with lower zoom maps the operation is a little bumpier. I know that this is due to communications timings but couldn't this be fixed by predict/interpolating several points between each NMEA acquisition?? At least for the lowest zooms this would improve visually enormously...

Also, seem that the compus bug is fixed but still there a very slight grafic bug: some shadow on the left of the compus nothing BIG, though.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi deniska!

Thanks for v0.2, it works great! I have two questions though... would it be possible to zoom the maps a litte more(e.g. stay on the same map zoom level but have a closer look a the map), so that steet names are displayed a little larger?
    And can we have an arcoustic notification when we reach a waypoint, although the psp mutes itself when the headphone jack is plugged in... Is there a funtion that reenables the build-in speakers?

kAraCHo

Quote Originally Posted by fokia
    I didn't have any problem loading previous maps... So must be you doing something wrong...

I have a suggestion for future versions:

I noticed that with lower zoom maps the operation is a little bumpier. I know that this is due to communications timings but couldn't this be fixed by predict/interpolating several points between each NMEA acquisition?? At least for the lowest zooms this would improve visually enormously...

Also, seem that the compus bug is fixed but still there a very slight grafic bug: some shadow on the left of the compus nothing BIG, though.
    The predicting logic is already there - basically the program will try to continue to move the maps in the same direction with a slight slowdown (.95 of previous speed on each subsequent map rendering)
    The 0.95 value seems to work the best for most driving conditions- it smoths 1sec jumps a bit and yet gives good precision during sudden speed or direction changes... Perhaps, in the next version, I'll make it configurable too...

As to the graphics glitch with compass - well I suck at photoshop, so if anyone is willing to tweak the graphics - feel free to do so.. the program may use better fonts/icons/backgrounds/etc...

Quote Originally Posted by kAraCHo
    Hi deniska!

Thanks for v0.2, it works great! I have two questions though... would it be possible to zoom the maps a litte more(e.g. stay on the same map zoom level but have a closer look a the map), so that steet names are displayed a little larger?
    And can we have an arcoustic notification when we reach a waypoint, although the psp mutes itself when the headphone jack is plugged in... Is there a funtion that reenables the build-in speakers?

kAraCHo
    I may implement the zoom in for a "track up" mode....
    I am pretty sure that the mute thing is mechanical and cannot be programmed.. but I could be wrong...
    and I think u do need a audio plug inside, in order for the serial port to work... again I could be wrong - so perhaps someone will be willing to experiment with the setup...

Quote Originally Posted by deniska
    and I think u do need a audio plug inside, in order for the serial port to work... again I could be wrong - so perhaps someone will be willing to experiment with the setup...
    Well as I intend to build me a neater cable I might be able to test that...

About the prediction: if it's already there I think it could be easily adjusted to zoom(0-1 maybe)/speed (high-speed) level so that map bumps gets smoothen... but those are just improvement suggestions...

You say to use the eboot that you put at the bottom of your edit. But which eboot does it replace? The one in the mapViewer folder? or the mapViewer% folder?

one in mapViewer folder, of course ;-)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information