Thread: Red Steel Will NOT feature Online Play

Blog Entries

Rev Red Steel Will NOT feature Online Play

An interview in the VIP lounge of Nintendo of Europe's website, requiring users to register via a pin number acquired by purchasing a Nintendo product, Ubisoft Senior Project Coordinator Stephanie Langlois breaks the news. "Online will maybe one day be announced by Nintendo but it won't be for the launch [of Red Steel]. In terms of gameplay I can't reveal anything really but what I can say is that internally we are making tons of tests," she said to the website.

Just a few days ago, 1UP reported on a rumor alleging that third parties had not yet received the development tools needed to implement online gaming into their launch-targeted releases, which the aforementioned statement appears to verify. Apparently they're leaving the option open for a post-release patch, but if Red Steel's successful, we imagine it will become sequel material.

Ahh thats a shame. Strangly I hadnt really even though about playing Red Steel online.

Suck about the lack of online for launch though. I would have thought Nintendo would sorted that out.

Well... if you do get a Wii im sure your friends will want to play it with you ^_^, im not really dissapointed that much cus it will come out soon anyways.

DCEmu Newbie

Sorry if this has been addressed before/elsewhere, but does anyone know WHY Nintendo is holding back on it's online service? They've bigged up how it will be free and have an easy-to-use interface, so why hold back on what is a potential buying point for the launch of the console?

its not a big deal to me. Why would anyone buy red steel when metroid prime 3 is coming and out (most likely) WILL be online.

Thread Information