Thread: Help with DS Homebrew

DCEmu Newbie

Default Help with DS Homebrew

Just got a DS Lite, with two games, and I am interested in getting it running homebrew and backups etc.

As I have a 1.5 PSP and I've been using that for homebrew I know how such things can make consoles have more uses

I know that I need a "Passkey", I think, to go in the DS slot to tell the DS to look for executables in the GBA Slot, and a "Supercard" to plug into the GBA slot to put memory in. I'm pretty sure i want NDS Backups to come before GBA backups with compatibility.

Firstly, how will I choose between what hombrew/backups I want to run once I've got the CF loaded with homebrew and backups.

Secondly, what is the best combination of what I need to get for what I want?

Thanks, Booopop

If you can wait, wait for Slot 1 solutions to mature. If you plan to buy something right now with NDS and GBA compability, try reading reviews of Supercard and M3 products.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Solitude
    If you can wait, wait for Slot 1 solutions to mature. If you plan to buy something right now with NDS and GBA compability, try reading reviews of Supercard and M3 products.
    Being a total novice with DS goings on, I suppose slot 1 means only one slot needs to have something in it, correct?

Slot 1 is the small slot (upper one) for DS games. Slot 2 is the bigger slot (lower one) for GBA games.
    Current solutions use Slot 2 to load programs and possible Slot 1 is occupied by a card called nopass which enables the cart. in slot 2.
    It is "hoped" that Slot 1 solutions will enable clean ROM execution (no patching req.), will lower power comsumption and enable slot 2 extansions (vibration cart., memory cart.) to be used.
    Though let me warn you, they still req. some time.

Thread Information