Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP Theme Thread

Thumbs up PSP Theme Thread --ATTn: MODS

THIS THREAD IS VERY OLD! & VERY OUT DATED... THESE THEMES ARE FOR 1.5 FIRMWARE PSP ONLY. INSTALLING THESE ON OE CUSTOM FIRMWARE WILL CAUSE BRICKS!!

MODS - FOR GODS SAKE, WILL YOU PLEASE DELETE THIS DAMN THREAD BEFORE IT CAUSES DAMAGED PSPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RECOMMENDED ONLY FOR ADVANCED USERS (noobies should note that this program, as with any program that writes to the PSP's flash, has a small chance of bricking your PSP. Especially if used incorrectly) With that being said the chances of it are rare, as I have personally flashed my PSP hundreds of times without a problem.

Welcome to the PSP Theme thread. ThemePSP was created by Sodr. Thanks to him people now have the freedom to fully customise their PSP's. This thread contains everything neccesary to fully customise your PSP. Also included is the Sodr's Theme Creator Pack. It has all the tools needed to create your own themes. And please do share your created themes with us!!

STUFF YOU"LL NEED

Theme PSP v1.2- Put this on your PSP. It installs the themes. It also comes with the "Default XMB" theme, so you can restore your PSP back to it's original state with a single press of a button. Also, it can install themes to DevHook firmwares!
    DOWNLOAD BELOW

Theme Creator Pack- Includes everything you need to make your own themes. Very simple to use. Give it a try! DOWNLOAD BELOW

HarleyG's 0.2 Custom Firmware- YOU DO NOT NEED THIS But it is highly recommended. This Theme PSP does flash your PSP's internal memory. And as always there is a slight chance that this could brick your PSP. With that being said I have flashed my PSP literally dozens of times with this app, and had no problems what so ever. I HIGHLEY recommend using HarleyG's 0.2 Custom Firmware. It features a "Recovery Mode", where you can unbrick your PSP. (Not in all cases. But it will unbrick anything that Theme PSP could do to it. Such as installing corrupted font ect...) It should also be noted that this custom firmware allows you to take pictures of your PSP's XMB. (The main menu screen) This is useful for sharing a preview of any themes you might be sharing with us. DOWNLOAD BELOW

PSPShot v0.3 You can use this to take a picture of your PSP's XMB, if your not into the whole Custom Firmware thing. DOWNLOAD BELOW

PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU HAVE DOWNGRADED YOUR PSP WITH AN "AUTOMATIC DOWNGRADER" THAN YOUR FIRMWARE IS "TAINTED" THIS MEANS USING EITHER THEME PSP OR harleyG's CUSTOM FIRMWARE COULD BRICK YOUR PSP. (I HAVE NOW HEARD OF SEVERAL CASES OF THIS) IT IS POSSIBLE TO "CLEAN" YOUR FIRMWARE. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS UPGRADE IT TO 2.00 FIRMWARE, AND THEN DOWNGRADE BACK TO A 1.5 FIRMWARE.

I strongley urge you to create your own themes and share them with us.

SOME TIPS-

-Having trouble getting the resolution of your backgrounds lower? Check post #173 on pg 18 of this thread for an easy answer.

-There are many different image hosting services. Use them to share a preview of any themes you might be sharing with us. One of them is www.tinypic.com

-There are many file sharing servers out there. You can upload your themes on them to share with us. Some examples are:
    www.megaupload.com
    www.thefilehut.com
    www.sendmefile.com

-If your not handy with photo shop, you can find pre-made backgrounds at www.pspwallpapers.com
    MAKE SURE TO CREDIT THEM IF YOU DO. All backgrounds for themes should be in .bmp format. They need to be less than 150Kb in size. And the dimensions need to be 300x170 or less. If your in PSPwallpapers.com than click on the pic you want. Then click the "Customise" button below it. Then download it. If you do this it will come formatted to the above specifications.

-If you were wondering how to use the "Custom Boot Sound Tool" in the creator pack, then check out this FAQ: BOOTSOUND FAQ

-THIS SITE DOES NOT HOST CUSTOM GAMEBOOTS THE ONLY TOOLS TO MAKE THEM ARE ILLEGAL. THUS, CUSTOM GAMEBOOTS ARE ILLEGAL. IF YOU WANT, PUT YOUR EMAIL ADRESS IN YOUR POST AND SEND PEOPLE CUSTOM GAMEBOOTS BY REQUEST BUT DO NOT POST THEM OR USE THIS SITES PM SYSTEM TO DISTRIBUTE THEM!!! IF YOU DO,YOUR THEME WILL BE REMOVED & YOU WILL BE BANNED. LET'S KEEP IT CLEAN GUYS ALSO NO NUDITY OR OFFENSIVE IMAGES ALLOWED.

-If you post a (decent) theme, it will be added to the list here on the front page. This thread is updated on a constant basis. If any of these links expire, let me know- and I'll fix 'em.

THEMES LIST

Black XMB By: Mr. Shizzy--------------------------------preview on pg 18

Boxing Theme By: Mr. Shizzy -----------------preview on pg 9

Clouds Theme By: Mr. Shizzy---------------------------------video preview on pg 16

Darth Vader By: Mr. Shizzy---------------------------preview on pg 12

Devil May Cry By: shadow--------------------------------preview on pg 18

DragonBall Z By: Mr. Shizzy ------------preview on pg 5

Fantastic Four By: shadow-evillink -----------------------preview on pg 5

Final Fantasy By: gymnotropic ---------------preview on pg 10

Final Fantasy By: Mr.Shizzy -----------------------preview on pg 5

Final Fantasy I By: gymnotropic ----------------------preview on pg 11

Golden Sun By: Festizzio ------------------------------preview on pg 5

The Hulk By: shadow-evillink ---------------------------preview on pg 5

Kirby By: Tetris999----------------------------------------preview on pg 19

Kirby v.2 By: Tetris999--------------------------------------------------------preview on pg 19

Kingdom Hearts By: Mr. Shizzy ---------------------------preview on pg 3

Mortal Kombat By: Mr. Shizzy-----------------------------preview on pg 1

Pirates of the Caribbean By: shadow-evillink --------------------preview on pg 5

Pochi Style By: Kramer -----------------------preview on pg 7

Playstation 2 By: lmtlmt--------------------------------no preview available

POKEMON By: Mr. Shizzy -----------------------------------preview on pg 10

Poker By: Mr. Shizzy & DRock-----------------------------------------preview on pg 17

Prince of Persia By: shadow-evillink ------------------preivew on pg 5

Resident Evil 4 By: Mr. Shizzy ------preview on pg 2

Shadow of Colossus By: Mr. Shizzy -----------------------------preview on pg 9

SOCOM By: Mr. Shizzy & LefthookLori --------------preview on pg 1

Spiderman 3 By: shadow-evillink ----------------------preview on pg 5

SpongeBob By: Mr. Shizzy----------------------------------------------------Peview on pg 13

Sqweak-E-Clean v2 By: Shadow---------------------------preview on pg 16

TNA Impact By: deediare --------------preview on pg 5

Valkyrie Profile Lennoth By: mrdlouisd -----------preview on pg 3

The Warriors By: Hod85-------------------------------preview on page 13

Windows Vista By: Mr. Shizzy ---------------------------------Preview on pg 12

WWE By deediare -----------------------------preview on pg 6

X BOX By: Mr. Shizzy------------------------------preview on pg 12

MORTAL KOMBAT THEME

-12 different backgrounds (Thanks to PSPWallpapers.com)
    -"slash" gameboot (not custom)
    -no wavey lines
    - "Blood of Dracula" font. (Thanks to Dafont.com)
    - Some Custom Menu names - (don't install on devhook- there only for 1.5 firmwares)
    Game Sharing = FRIENDSHIP
    Network update = FATALITY
    Free Space = Health
    USB Connection = Get Over Here!
    Saved Data Utility = Past Fights
    *** & MORE!!!

UPDATED !!!
    -New custom bootsound. Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat: The Movie says "Your soul is mine!!!"

SOCOM THEME

FEATURES:

**Features**
    - 12 gorgeous backgrouds (Thanks to PSPWallpapers)
    - Socom gameboot (legal- its from the actuall game)
    - "ARMY" font (Thanks to Dafont.com)
    -no wavey lines
    - custom menu names ( of course SOCOM themed )

DOWNLOAD HERE

thankz for the themes
    but how can i install them into psp

Quote Originally Posted by getdown_4ever
    thankz for the themes
    but how can i install them into psp
    Just download the program posted here called "Themepsp" and put the folder in the "Themes" folder located in the folder with the EBOOT

By the way,Mr. Shizzy, good job... I always wanted a thread like this Thanks

yeah a thread like this is nice..now i can upload my sexy biatches theme

PSP User

Dang I've got this really tight theme on my PSP, but it uses a custom gameboot.

you don't have to post the gameboot

Wow ! That's soo nice.. Gotta download those files.. But.. Do I need Devhook in some way to put them ? Or just the Theme PSP ? And what's a 'custom gameboots' anyway ?

a custom gameboot is well....a gameboot the you use to replace the original gameboot with,you know when ever you start a game, that little video that plays

Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information