Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Successfully attached GlobalSat BR-305, but !!help me!!

DCEmu Newbie

Default Successfully attached GlobalSat BR-305, but !!help me!!

Hi!
    I've successfully attached GlobalSat BR305 to psp - this GPSlim236 green thing works!! (I patched speed to 4800 and recompiled it).
    BR305 must be attached through MAX3232 level converter.
    So, everything works fine, but I CANNOT use MapThis 0.2 even with 4800 speed in config file. It always says, that GPS DATA is BAD.
    I have tried timing 1,2,3,4,8,100,1000 - it always says, that data is BAD. When I try to dump data to file I'm getting one column of symbols $,0,1,9,.
    I'd like to menion again, that GPSlim with 4800 speed works, and when GPS data is ready - it shows lattitude, longitude, etc...
    Pls, help!
    A little suggestion. May be an synchronious mode can be added - e.g. no screen update, no drawing, nothing, but reading from serial. This can help with reading slower gps'es.

2Deniska, feel free to contact me at nzabrod(a)yandex.ru, if you are interested in support of BR305 device.

Thanx in advance.

F0lken

DCEmu Newbie

Did you try the patch?

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/att...0&d=1157118953

My gps-360 (sirf-ii) now works in MapThis! @4800 baud with respect to positioning.

It will now correctly display the precise coordinates, but other data such as altitude and # of satellites dont. Im using "8" as the variable in config.txt.

Quote Originally Posted by F0lken
    Hi!
    I've successfully attached GlobalSat BR305 to psp - this GPSlim236 green thing works!! (I patched speed to 4800 and recompiled it).
    BR305 must be attached through MAX3232 level converter.
    So, everything works fine, but I CANNOT use MapThis 0.2 even with 4800 speed in config file. It always says, that GPS DATA is BAD.
    I have tried timing 1,2,3,4,8,100,1000 - it always says, that data is BAD. When I try to dump data to file I'm getting one column of symbols $,0,1,9,.
    I'd like to menion again, that GPSlim with 4800 speed works, and when GPS data is ready - it shows lattitude, longitude, etc...
    Pls, help!
    A little suggestion. May be an synchronious mode can be added - e.g. no screen update, no drawing, nothing, but reading from serial. This can help with reading slower gps'es.

2Deniska, feel free to contact me at nzabrod(a)yandex.ru, if you are interested in support of BR305 device.

Thanx in advance.

F0lken
    Yeah, try the patch above if you already have not tried it.
    Also, it would be helpful, if you could record samples of your NMEA feed with some PC program and post it here..

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks! I'll try the patch later and report. And I'll send you nemea output from my GPS, as soon, as I resurrect my laptop with rs-232 interface =).

DCEmu Newbie

I have tried the patch, you provided, but nothing helps.
    Here are two files with my gps output from hyperterminal and gps.txt - a recording from psp.
    Again, simple viewer (GPSlim236 with 4800 patch) works fine.
    Any tips ?
    P.S. readtime setting is 8. No "1", nor "20" helped.

Quote Originally Posted by F0lken
    I have tried the patch, you provided, but nothing helps.
    Here are two files with my gps output from hyperterminal and gps.txt - a recording from psp.
    Again, simple viewer (GPSlim236 with 4800 patch) works fine.
    Any tips ?
    P.S. readtime setting is 8. No "1", nor "20" helped.
    Hm,
    I am assuming that you changed the baud settings in MapThis to 4800... cause it really looks like that PSP's serial is not reading it corectly....

Some other pointers:
    check wifi switch and umd drive, make sure phone plug is in.

Try the early beta version (there is a link to it in one of the threads here as well as the link to a MAC code generator (the beta checks for MAC address for authentication)

If nothing else helps, you may need to re-build it from source code and put in a few debugging print lines in getGPSMessage() in main.cpp and run in in PSPLink

Hopefulyy, we'll get to the bottom of it ;-)

BTW, according to PC NMEA file that you attached, you device did not have a fix on to any satelites..

DCEmu Newbie

I know, that I'm not attached to any sattelites =).
    And if so, shall MapThis show "bad data", if my GPS is not "fixed" ? Or it should report "OK", but with zeroes in coordinates ?
    I think, that I'll use "READTIME=8", as it mentioned to work with SirfII device (BR305 is SirfII).

DCEmu Newbie

Red face

I feel so stupid =).
    I removed UMD from PSP and I'm getting "out of range" now. gps log is looking ok.
    Looks, like everything WORKS!!!!
    Thank you for tips!
    Tomorrow morning (it's 21:19 in Moscow now) I'll try to check it on streets. I don't feel very well now (37.5 degrees temperature) and I cannot go out =((.
    Deniska! Thank you for your wonderfull app, and I think you can add GlobalSat BR-305 device into compatibility list.
    My 5 cents: Please, add message like "GPS data is corrupted" instead of just "BAD". Because if your receiver is not "hooked up", you'll get GPS DATA:BAD, too. Just print "not fixed" or something.
    Hope, you'll find this suggestion useful.
    And the question: you posted a patched version. How does it differs from original ? Should I need to wait for "patched" versions of future releases or I just can use them with SirfII ?

Use the patched version...
    It has a bigger buffer, allocated for NMEA data, so it is less likely to overflow and freeze your PSP...

Where in Moscow are you?
    I used to live on Taganka for 19years before I moved to US... BTW, Moscow has great map coverage on Google and MSN, comparing to other Russian cities..

I was in Moscow for a few days just a month ago, but could not test the GPS mapping since my program was not ready yet...
    Hopefully I'll give it a test in Paris next moth...

Hey,
    BR305 looks like a nice device.
    Could you post some pictures and connection diagrams, so other could benefit from your reseach?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information