Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dream Coding Grand Prix 2006 - Starts Now

now i'm wishing i knew how to code =)
    ar well...never too late to try and pick it up though...lol

wow this is going to be great theres going to be hundreds of new releases thanks to this incentive.

Hey, I deleted that post for a reason I didn't mean it simply - what's up with all the hate against QJ..I mean, I thought our differences were all behind us... Aside from QJ, I'm a respected member of the scene like everyone else.

Also, it's a good idea, but also bad at the same time. Will all platforms be holding separate competitions meaning everyone will get the 1st 2nd 3rd prize from each console category? This makes sense, but dayum..that's a ton of prizes if it is

I already said I would donate myself as this may help the community (or may just be another one of those small competitions), but I'll take my chances.

Blog Entries

With competitions you never know if you are gonna have a successful comp, getting the word out is a good thing and also not competing with other comps.

Thank god Neoflash is over, no one can compete with that comp. I couldnt afford to thats for sure, just so everyone knows the prizes are all coming from ad revenue off the sites.

Theres only one set of prizes and the judging is going to be hard but thats why i have left a 14 day judge time.

DCEmu Old Pro The Hombrew Hunter's Avatar

Ooooh, jeez. Time to start on a DS lua game...

I've been working a flash game based on Zombies Ate My Neighbors for a few weeks now. I'll enter it in the compo as soon as it is finished (got a few bugs right now ).

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

just an update, i'm putting in $30 for the cash funds ( on the behave of dcnews.co.uk )

DCEmu Newbie

After all entries are in there will be a public poll that will account up to 25% of the vote
    Sigh.

I made a post somewhere about how bad of an idea I think this is, but I can't seem to find it. Plus, I'm not much of anybody in this scene, so who cares what I think, right? So, instead of my long spiel that I think is somewhere on PSPU, I'll sum it up in two words:

neoflash - Escape

Do you need more?

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LMelior
    Sigh.
    Do you need more?
    yes

DCEmu Newbie

How about the entire PSPUpdates competition? Play the two 3-D racing games and then look who got more votes. PSPSudoku, anyone?

I've been a small part of this scene for two competitions that have had public voting and both of them clearly had cheaters that beat the system. Not only that, but the "public" in general knows jack about coding, which is, believe it or not, exactly what this contest is...a coding competition. Not a graphics competition, a coding one.

Like I said in my other post, if I were running a competition I would have a completely separate prize that is determined by the public polls, because I like the idea of getting everyone involved.

So don't get me wrong, in general I like this competition idea. In fact, one of the other things I said in my mysterious aforementioned post was that I would allow the developers a part in the main ranking, which it seems has been worked into the system here, so (obviously) I think that's a great idea. I just strongly disagree with allowing the general public to influence the overall ranking.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information