Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dream Coding Grand Prix 2006 - Starts Now

Blog Entries

Home/News Dream Coding Grand Prix 2006 - Starts Now

Its our Honour at DCEmu to start a new coding competition for Homebrewers for just about every scene going, heres all the information you need:

Introduction

The DCEmu Dream Coding Grand Prix 2006 is the first Multi Console Homebrew and Emulation Coding Competition to take in all the Consoles below at one time. We are taking submissions for all the following consoles.

PSP
    Nintendo DS
    GBA
    PS2
    Xbox
    Gamecube
    GP2X
    GP32
    Tapwave Zodiac
    Gizmondo
    Dreamcast
    Sega Saturn
    Nokia N-Gage

Rules - Please Read Them

The Coding Competition will start on September 2nd 2006, Closing Date will be December 31st 2006 at 11.59pm GMT.

After all entries are in there will be a public poll that will account up to 25% of the vote, that poll will last for 14 days and start January 1st 2007.

Another 35% of the Vote will come from the private coder forums at DCEmu via coder judging.

The last 40% of the Vote will come from the Admin and Staff of DCEmu.

The winners will be announced on the 17th of January 2007.

Entries must be made using Legal SDK, ie no official Xbox SDK etc.

Entries must be New versions and not released anywhere else. (you can submit a new version of an already released program, (The forum must be the release point for at least 3 days).

You can submit as many entries for as many consoles as you please (the more the better)

Entries can be uploaded from Now until the end of December 2006

Entries can be games, demos or applications but nothing such as iso loaders (for obvious reasons)

Entries can be uploaded and improved in the forum right up till the end date(great for bugfixing)

Entries must use our Splash screens in their Program.

Entries must be uploaded to the forum and with a Screenshot and Description/ information.

Prizes

1st Prize) GP2X Console (mk2)

Gamepark Holdings new multimedia device is very inexpensive and yet it can compete with any other multimedia device out in the market today! Featuring a dual CPU core, 64MB of memory, SD card storage, and its Linux operating system gives the GP2X the potential no other handheld can offer.

2nd Prize) $120 Voucher to Spend at Decal Girl

3rd Prize) $50 Voucher to Spend at Extreme Mods

DCEMU Homebrew Community Donation Prize

This is where everyone can help and donate

In addition to the guarenteed prizes above we will also be taking Donations to the contest Via this PayPal Account (thats the email to send to), when all money is counted at the final date the money will be split like this:

1st Place) 45% of Money

2nd Place) 25% of Money

3rd Place) 15% of Money

4th Place) 10% of Money

5th Place) 5% of Money

List of Donators and Urls

eg

wraggster - 50$ - http://www.dcemu.co.uk

Finishing Comments

So if the coder wins he or she will win a GP2X (mk2) and also 45% of the Donated Cash Fund (however big that gets). Remember that the community can give to this contest and also help to judge on it, its great for everyone.

The Official Competition page is here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/dcgp2006.shtml
    The Official Discussion Forums are here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=148

Let the competition begin.

Good Luck all

digg it

PSP User

Wil there be updates on the status of the donation prize money or will that only be revealed at the end?

Anyway, this sounds great, I hope it brings some excellent homebrew. Sadly, I don't have many of the other systems, so my vote will probably be biased toward a PSP homebrew even if there are some that are better on the other consoles.

Hope this goes well, good luck coders

DCEmu Legend

The donation fund is a great idea and should create a lot of incentive for some really great work. Another reason why DCEMU is so great!

Blog Entries

the donators will be added to the page all the time

we will be 100% upfront with this,

The donation fund is a unique idea from me to give to the coders. any donations from a dollar to whatever is all to the good. coders deserve the credit

So Wragg, if I donate 10-20$ (for the better of the community, not this competition ) - will I be able for you to link to QJ?

/me jokes

Blog Entries

The voting will take into consideration that the PSP/ds will get more votes but 75% of the votes are by staff and coders so dont worry about consoles with less fans.

Blog Entries

Anyone spamming this topic with anything but proper comments will be deleted and warned.

Sweet I better get back to learning to program because I want to enter this! (I dont care if I dont even get a single vote, I just want to contribute something.)

This is what ive been dreaming of

Legend of hyrule : Linkens quest will be entered into this

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information