Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP Rumours from Scrivener

Blog Entries

psp PSP Rumours from Scrivener

Someone called Scrivener has posted some interesting bits on the PSP, seems like he knows his stuff but we cant clarify who he is:

Ok, so onto some PSP news…
    The GPS is currently on hold. Bummer, I know. PSP has outsold DS and DS Lite by 1.2m units (Edit: Checking on this. May actually be NA only). The PSOne emulator will be attached to an October firmware update. The online store for PSP and PS3 should launch soon thereafter (around November 11). A new PSP entertainment pack is coming next month. It costs $250 and includes a 1GB MSPD, ATV Offroad Fury: Blazin Trails (game), and Lords of Dogtown (movie). No headphones.

PSP integration with PS3 is still planned. You’ll be able to use your PSP as a remote control for your system. Currently, the plan is that you’ll even be able to see your PS3 screen on your PSP so long as both are connected to the same network (almost like a location-free player). This feature may not be ready for launch, but if it misses, it will be added in an update soon after.

More than 200 new PSP titles will ship between now and Christmas!

You know about the disaster that was UMD movies? Well there’s a reason for that. Usually Sony works with companies who license their products and lay down certain ground rules (pricing, features, etc). With UMD, they had a hands-off approach and movie studios just started releasing every piece of $#@! movie in their vault, without special features, at highly inflated prices. Sony is not happy about this at all and is going to try to jump start the UMD movie scene again (could take up to a year) by requiring that releases meet certain guidelines. Guidelines may include an MSRP limit of $15 and that UMDs include all the special features of their DVD equivalents. It’s possible that it may be too late to save, but Sony has a lot of muscle and the PSPs multimedia features are its biggest selling points… especially considering the target consumer is a male between the ages of 21 and 40.

More Info

first comment!
    once that first ps1 firmware comes out i bet they'll get it on devhook fast, seems like it always comes out fast. And the ps3 remote, you'd prolly be able to use the infrared remote on that, if u can use it as controller, that'd be cool, too bad i dont plan on buying a ps3 :'( i really do expect there to be a way for us to use ps1 emulater and games free after a while tho.

More than 200 new PSP titles will ship between now and Christmas!
    ooo...i can't wait

Well sony might make some headway on UMD sales but they can't fix the hardware problems UMD poses.Such as short battery life,redundency from people running movies from mem stick and those shotty umd cases that break far to often.Wonder how long it'll be before the drives start breaking like PS2 and PS1.No big deal there for me though I almost exclusivley use homebrew on mine with the exception of one game:Tekken

Wait where in this world did the PSP out sold the NDS specially by 1.2 mill. I need to see this or are you pulling our leg.

Bull. 200 titles by christmas? Pfft...

yeah, i'm with man matrix, that's a awful lot of games to release within 4 months

We'll see......
    I guess that will determine if the source is credible.

DCEmu Newbie

Taken from QJ.NET News, 18th August 2006, basically shows that DS has almost doubled its global sales over the PSP....

Nintendo DS
    Japan - 10.3 million
    US - 5.8 million
    Europe - 6.2 million
    Australia - .2 million
    Canada - .4 million
    Worldwide - 22.9 million

PSP
    Japan - 3.9 million
    US - 5.1 million
    Europe - 4 million
    Australia - .15 million
    Canada - .4 million
    Worldwide - 13.37 million

Seems only Canada like them equally, the US only just prefers the DS, Euro peeps love the DS and the Japanese are addicted beyond anything for the DS...

lol,13.37 million

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information