Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: custom firmwares

Question custom firmwares

ok well i had a 2.6 psp and i downgraded useing the gta downgrader to 1.5 now i got some questions i here about custom firmware is there really any plus to them and whats the difference between with a downgraded to 1.5 and also i heard that you should upgrade to 2.0 and then back to 1.5 if you used the gta downgrader any real reason for doing this thanks in advanced

I also downgraded my PSP a little while ago.

I haven’t had the bottle to install custom firmware yet, I’m too afraid I’ll brick my PSP (it was scary enough downgrading, yet alone playing about unnecessarily with flash). If you don’t know for sure what your doing (and I certainly don’t)... don’t do it!

With custom firmwares you can have fancy boot screens with differnt sounds and pics, different fonts, pictures for your wallpaper etc etc

I can live with a standard 1.5 PSP.

hehe i knwo what you mean i was $#@!ting my pants downgrading hopeing it worked well if it would only screw up if i tried to install a custom firmware then screw it i can live my regular 1.5 all i really need is my home brew and at the moment i dont cusdtom firmware to run any of that stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Baboon
    With custom firmwares you can have fancy boot screens with differnt sounds and pics, different fonts, pictures for your wallpaper etc etc

I can live with a standard 1.5 PSP.
    You don't need a custom firmware to do these, you only need Theme PSP and X-Flash. They are both pretty risk-free if you just be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by dejkirkby
    You don't need a custom firmware to do these, you only need Theme PSP and X-Flash. They are both pretty risk-free if you just be careful.

Fair enough... but I guess both those progs can be risky (especially with a buffoon like myself doing it).

As good as the results can be by customising, I still don’t think its worth the risk of fookin up my beloved 1.5.

so what else does a custom firmware add and it will only **** up from trying to put a firmware on right i mean itll be fine useing like ir shell and other home brew crap right. lol and have you guys ever noticed when you use the digital pad on the psp sometimes it feels weird when you like push up and right at the same time
    ?

so what else does a custom firmware add and it will only **** up from trying to put a firmware on right i mean itll be fine useing like ir shell and other home brew crap right. lol and have you guys ever noticed when you use the digital pad on the psp sometimes it feels weird when you like push up and right at the same time
    ?

Cyustom Firmware add functions like automatically booting into a certain homebrew on start-up. But these can be quite risky to set-up, esp. if you don't know what you are doing. Using X-flash or Theme PSP is better if you want gameboots, opening sounds, and backgrounds. In fact the lasest versions of X-Flash add some features of custom firmware for you. (Jeez, I sound like I'm pimpin' these programs!)

ahhh so as long as i dont add custom firmware im fine with not redowngrading

i dont see why your scared of unstalling anything that writes to flash i mean you did downgrade and that has a higher chance of bricking then regular flashing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information