Thread: Windows Vista pricing unveiled

Blog Entries

Forum Windows Vista pricing unveiled

MS reveals the dollar price of its new OS, calling it a 'major step' towards Nov release

Windows Vista is coming, oh yes it is, offering gamers the delights of DirectX 10, improved loading times and a whole bunch more - further details of which we'll be revealing shortly following our sit down with some of the head honchos behind the OS's games thrust at the recent Leipzig Games Convention.

However, the Redmond giant has today unveiled the details on what American gamers can expect to pay for its shiny new OS (they're suggested retail prices), with probably the most relevant being the Windows Vista Home Premium pack which is targeted towards gaming, multimedia and the internet and will set them back some $239 for the full package, or $159 for an upgrade from the Windows XP.

Naturally this US pricing might not directly equate to what us poor Euro slobs end up paying, but a quick trip to the currency converter tells us that's around 127 of our Great British quids. Call it £130 for cash guv!

Full details on the various packages are presented for your delectation below and, of course, we've put in a call to MS UK to get the goods on Euro pricing. We'll update you as soon as they get back to us.

Windows Vista Home Basic (Barebones, basic computing)
    Full package: $199.00
    Upgrade: $99.95

Windows Vista Home Premium (Gaming, multimedia, Internet)
    Full package: $239.00
    Upgrade: $159.00

Windows Vista Business (Small business-focused)
    Full package: $299.00
    Upgrade: $199.00

Windows Vista Ultimate (Business and home features combined)
    Full package: $399.00
    Upgrade: $259.00

Windows Vista Enterprise (Large business-focused)
    Not for retail -- volume license customers only

Instead of paying $159 to upgrade my XP I think I'm gona wait till my computer is really out dated or broke and just go buy a new one. But its nice to know Vista is gona be out soon

It takes thousands of nuts to hold a car together, but it takes only one to shatter it across the highway

Duct Tape is like the force. It has a light and dark side, and it holds the world together

Click here to play my other Flash games and movies!

Thread Information