Thread: Updating EZ4 lite, and save issues.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Updating EZ4 lite, and save issues.

Hi,

I'm having problems with a few of my backups saving using the EZ4 lite. I heard this might be because the kernel needs updating, is this correct?

If so, how do i go about updating the kernel? I've tried to find the update file, but as always EZ Flash's site is down. If i manage to get the file (if anyone can tell me where else i can download the file from that'd be sweet) what exactly do i do?
    When you update the kernel, i assume its just updating the software on the EZ4 its self, nothing to do with the firmware on the DS?? (This is probably a stupid question, but id like to be sure of whats going on!)

Lastly, if i update the kernel, will i lose saves ive already got for backups that are already stored on the micro sd?

thanks alot for any help
    J

Here I am to save the day. I have found 2 files which may help. They are both update files, but because I have never used an EZFlash, I don't know which one you need.

The first is EZ4 Software Upgrade 20060524(date of release) Link is http://winsunx.com/EZ4UPDATE/EZ4_20060524.zip

The second is EZ4 New Loader 20060524
    Link is http://winsunx.com/EZ4UPDATE/EZ4Loader060524.zip

And for some fun here is a link to a skin for EZ4Flash http://winsunx.com/EZ4UPDATE/EZ4_Skin.rar

Happy Burfday.

DCEmu Newbie

hi hi,

thanks alot for your help, that file seems to be an update kernel file. Though i found that same file somewhere and it had the date 7/10 on it. im wondering if thats actually older than the kernel version thats already on mine. its v1.68 (so it says when it boots up)
    i suppose if i try to update it with an older kernel version, it will realise and stop me?

DCEmu Newbie

still wondering about this if anyone can clear it up fully for me?

DCEmu Newbie

i updated the kernel to the newest version as the ez4 site seems to be back... but the backups in question still dont save. is there a remedy for this?

DCEmu Old Pro The Hombrew Hunter's Avatar

Default Dammit people!

Okay, no one EVER listens to me...

NO. BACKUP. TALK.

LOCKED.

Thread Information