Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why we don't visit DCemu.

Default Why we don't visit DCemu.

A fair few members here have left over the past few years due to the factors of DCemu turning into a mush pit of various monsters and stuff.

The main reasons we leave

a) Ads, these are thrown at our face regardless of us logging in. Including the top "Want to know more about DCemu" bar which is not neccesary. we want an option to CULL ads immediately without it being too evasive or having to install an adblocking utility.

b) 18 Nintendo forums? COME ON.. All these forums are not required and cutting back a lot of other crappy forums would be a blessing.

c) The host is ****ed up.. Wraggster has screwed everyone around in the past.. He'll probably delete this post (You might as well delete my account too Wraggster you arse).

d) Huzzah..

P.S Join daedalusx64.com for awesomeness!

Don't knock Wraggster, he works very hard on this site.

I find the large amount of advertising posts a bit irritating but I can live with them. I still like the site as there is always something interesting to read.

Presumably that was your goodbye post, so bye-bye Wally.

$#@! spammed the $#@! out of the forum.... not cool >:[

Yeah, the forums have been slow for some time. I'd say that it's mainly due to the restrictions that are put on video game consoles now, though.

There's much more effort involved in hacking now too, and from that effort you get a console that's capable of many things but loses some of it's most vital functions (like compatibility with newer games and online capabilities) at the same time.

Console manufacturers want complete control over their product. They have and will continue to patch up every possible exploit as a means of preventing hackers from doing anything. Console hacking leads to piracy and they know that, so they invest millions of dollars and loads of time into preventing it from happening.

It sucks, but they have the money and the paid workers that the homebrew scene lacks.

EDIT: Yeah, the ads are unnecessary. Ad Block Plus does the job nice, though.
    Last edited by Eviltaco64; December 23rd, 2010 at 09:04.

Those flaming RSS bots are still a pain in the ass though...

That $#@! tooo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eviltaco64 View Post
    EDIT: Yeah, the ads are unnecessary. Ad Block Plus does the job nice, though.
    ABP --------------------- To block.
    Greasemonkey -------- To manually out script (if not using ABP).
    Fiddler ------------------ To track / fiddle.

All do the job for creating a ad free DCEmu... For me anyway, after tracing the sources of one lot of ads before the code signature changes and ABP appears not to be doing it's job.

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can agree with the first two points and I shall see what can be done. Something drastic will have to happen to revive the community here and the website in general.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    Something drastic will have to happen to revive the community here and the website in general.
    There needs to be a reboot to the homebrew scene, like when the PSP had it's big opening.

The Wii wasn't quite it, unfortunately... Even though I love the Wii for it's near complexity to the PSP for homebrew.

What we need is a purely homebrew friendly console, but the only two on the current market is the Wii and PSP with easy exploits.

Both the Xbox360 and PS3 are exploitable, but nobody wants to hack them due to what they don't want to lose. Which really, is quite sad. Because the PS3 has a lot to offer, although I only bought and installed my PS3 Break dongle for the means of having one for when there was a big enough scene. Microsoft and their Xbox360, they are so closely watched by Microsoft that the vast Xbox360 population is too scared to enter the scene because of the Ban Hammer threats.

This is the world we live in... The two 'main' consoles for Homebrew are the underdogs, which people mainly want games with awesome graphics. Although graphics aren't everything, says me who is currently in a PS2 phase (again).

I did forget to mention the Nintendo DS, but with that it's the same as the PS3 and you have to purchase an R3 card.

Quote Originally Posted by VampDude View Post
    ... says me who is currently in a PS2 phase (again)
    Which PS2 games are you playing? I was looking at all the cheap PS2 games for sale recently and thought to myself it would be nice to go back and play some of the games I missed first time around.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information