Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Q-Gears - Final Fantasy VII game-engine.

Default Q-Gears - Final Fantasy VII game-engine.

I love game-engines like ScummVM, Hota, REminiscence.

Well there is one available for FF7!

I know its Pre-Alpha but making a port that could be maintained for the PSP would eventually bring us FF7 on PSP with no $ony emu involved.

The Sourceforge page is here:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/q-gears/
    To get the code, you must have a Subversion client to retrieve the directory tree. There is no executables at the stage of development. Refer to the Subversion link on the Q-gears page to assist you with getting access to the SVN tree.

Is this opensource?

I think so, for more info, look there:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?PH...d&topic=5556.0

Okay after having a quick read through, it seems to be opensource....although the author requires permission before you release it with any changes..

Also the FF7 backgrounds sprites music etc, couldnt be used (for legal issues) so someone would have to make all of them, which would take absolutly ages....

Its possible though If i were you i would just wait for the ps1 emu for the psp

or ask me for help.......since i am a big FF7 fan....( and a big diablo fan too,.......but lets stay on subject :P )

ill talk to zion about ti after a while
    404 Error: This signature is missing!

I don't see what the problem is, there is no need in making new sprites and music. No copyrighted stuff would be included, its only a game engine wich is completely legal as far as i know. The only required thing would be a copy of the PSX game data files.

And waiting for the ps1 emu... I think its gonna be a long wait for users below a 3.00 firmware.

By the way, here is another interesting thing: they mention on their forums : "In the future this is to serve as a framework for compatibility with other Square games. Many games after this were created with the same code base and design philosophy"

So it means that maybe more than FF7 could be run with such an app... A kind of ScummVM but for Square games. Only that would be called ScuffVM.. :P

If i could code, i would do it for shure, alas...

You are right, the engine its self is legal.

Im on about if you wanted to do a FF7 remake, you couldnt use the gfx contained in the comercial version of FF7

So anybody interested in bringing FinalFantasy VII to the PSP? At least could someone download the source files from SVN, then i could host the source so anybody can use it right away?

Oh I can't believe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information