Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: iR Shell 2.1 Released

Blog Entries

psp iR Shell 2.1 Released

Ahman has released a new version of his excellent shell for the PSP, heres whats new:

Here is the latest version of iR Shell 2.1 with the following new features:

1. Support 1.0 Eboot format. (Note: The APP view will not list Eboots for 2.x Homebrews that are designed to be launched from Devhook firmware emulation.)
    2. Support for __SCE__ naming convension.
    3. Both 1.0 Eboot & SCE naming can be enabled or disabled under iR Configurator. If you don't use these naming convensions, you can turn them off for a faster APP view list.
    4. Allow removal of startup splash screen (configurable under iR Configurator).
    5. nethostfs server v1.5 is enhanced to allow read only access. This means you can open your PC server to the public without worrying files being deleted. Refer to the user guide for details.
    6. File Manager has been enhanced to support mulitple files/directories selections similar to MP3. You can use CIRCLE key to hightlight multiple files or directories and then perform file manipulation on them. You can highlight maximum of 10 files or directories. The mulitple selection will only work under DIR & RDF View. It won't work for APP & SAV views.
    7. The location of each view (DIR, APP, RDF & SAV) will be remembered after toggle. Example, switching from DIR View to APP View and back to DIR View. The directory & cursor location will return to its original location before you left. Pls note MP3 Shortcut & DIR Shortcut are also classified as DIR View.

Special thanks to:
    - Terdinglage, Numeror & Xoassis for making menu skins for iR Shell.
    - Numeror for designing new HELP image files.
    - All beta testers for countless hours of testing, especially StoneCut for his professional test reports.
    - All previous contributors to iR Shell, including AnonymousTipster, Dark Alex, Triable and others.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Alright this is exactly what I have been waiting for, for so damn long!!! 1.0 eboot support!!! Now I can be in school, switch between my calculator and a emulator in a breeze =P

P.S. Not to sound noobish but I didn't use IR Shell that much before because of the lack of 1.0 eboot support. So I was wondering if someone could tell me how to switch apps in IR shell. Because when I press L+Select it goes back to IR Shell but I can't switch apps. Is there a fast convient way of doing this?

DCEmu Newbie

so i cant use irshell with 2.6 psp??

DCEmu Regular

only way to do that is to reset ir shell

): my thread of this didn't make it

Another fantasic release by Ahman :-)
    Might start using it more thanks to the 1.0 EBoot support.

pkmaximum, try using Home, i think it takes you back to IR Shell, not he XMB.

Hmm I tried that out of the ti-92 calculator and it crashed the PSP, I'll try another app, and tell you how it turns out.

Edit::::::::::::::::::::::::Edit:::::::::::::::Edi t::::::::::::

Nope no good I just exited out of Dgen V1.7 (remember I'm using 1.0 eboots) and it braught me straight back to the PSP's XMB, so I don't its supported for IR Shell, for 1.0 eboots to bring you straight back to IR Shell, though still a great APP. Just a few more tweaks, and I would set this as my custom firmware =P

DCEmu Newbie

yo can someone tell me if this will work on fw 2.6 psp??

Quote Originally Posted by zevernos
    yo can someone tell me if this will work on fw 2.6 psp??
    You need fanjitas eloader and you can try it yourself, if you don't know about an eloader than i doubt you should be trying this stuff.. if ur wonderinf if irhsell works from the xmb on 2.6 fw than the answer is no. sry,

also ty for great update stil sticking to old skin buh i love the fact i can disable splash screen

Excellent release.

And downgrade your 2.6 PSP, zevernos. You might as well. Use Devhook for 2.71 if you need it for UMD games.

yyeeeesssssss, excellent!!! we've all bin waitin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information