Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2.01 Downgrader - Released

DCEmu Regular

psp 2.01 Downgrader - Released

Ditlew and Fanjita have released a new downgrader for the previously unusable 2.01 firmware.

Heres the info:

A long time ago, when the GTA exploit first emerged, the first application we wrote for it was a v2.01 downgrader, similar to MPH's downgrader for v2.00. Unfortunately, the GTA exploit didn't offer sufficient access to the PSP's flash to allow the downgrader to work, so it was never released.

The new TIFF exploit allows us the necessary access, and so here it is, after some thorough testing on our own PSPs - an easy downgrader for firmware v2.00 and v2.01, via eLoader 0.9.8.

The advantage of this downgrader is that it doesn't require a firmware dump from a v1.5 PSP. It also contains a lot of extra safety checks and user friendliness enhancements, as well as a safer method for overwriting the INDEX.DAT file.

Many v2.0 and v2.01 users who wanted to downgrade may already have used the v2.6 or v2.71 Downdaters, so the usefulness of this downgrader is perhaps limited. But we're releasing it now so that anyone who might find it useful can use it.

Note :

Please ensure that you read the entire README.TXT file that is included with the downgrader package. Please also note that although this uses tried and tested techniques, and has been tested with 100% success on several PSPs, no downgrader is 100% safe, and so YOU USE THIS SOFTWARE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Download and Give Feedback via Comments
    Via Noobz

DCEmu Newbie

Nice work! That's definately better than having to upgrade and then downgrade with a riskier app, keep up the good work!

lol nice going! ^_^ fanjita ROCKS!! and so does n00bz!!! we're all n00bz!

DCEmu Old Pro

this is kind of.....useless

great news

DCEmu Legend

psp Fanjita & Ditlew - True PSP Legends!

You know, as if Fanjita & Ditlew have not already achieved legendary status but then they go and casually release a 2.00 & 2.01 downgrader? Like, oh by the way, here is another downgrader guys! LOL - That is classic. It shows how humble they must be.

What an amazing gesture of their dedication to the scene. Not only was Fanjita & Ditlew monumental in bringing homebrew to 2.00 + PSP users, now they are helping more people experience FULL Homebrew capabilities with a downgrader.

I'm willing to bet there are some 2.01 users still. Maybe afraid to use the current downgraders, maybe afraid to upgrade and be stuck. Whatever the case, if anyone was sticking with 2.01 it was to wait for this day. This is another big step in securing PSP homebrew strength-in-numbers.

The more 1.50 PSP's there are, the better PSP homebrew will become.

Thank you Fanjita & Ditlew for this and all other contributions to the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetris999
    this is kind of.....useless
    No hack for the PSP is ever useless. No homebrew is useless. Whether it is useful or useless to YOU does not matter. I am very excited about this. Not because I care about downgrading a 2.01 but because we CAN downgrade a 2.01 if we want now. This shows so much about Fanjita and all of the PSP hackers in the homebrew world. It gives me such confidence that when 3.XX comes out that we won't be missing out for too long. Heck if it's decrypted like 2.81 was, which I don't expect it to be, then we won't miss out for second. I just hope that Booster, or someone else will release a new Devhook as it is a huge part of the hacking effort.

Thanks for the release. It's nice to have a safe alternative sometimes for downgrading! My 1.5 is destined to stay that way though!

This is excellent the more hacks the better. Plus it sounds like a lot of work has been put in to make it safe. Has anyone tried it yet?

yeah but it will atract absolute noobz who just look for a hack for their firmware they currently have and if its safer than the current 2.0 downgrader........AND it works on previouly un downgradable firmwares who gives a $#@! wat certain $#@!s think, i think if they dont like/agree with it who cares........not me
    oh and they arnt expecting a big respose like when new firmwares are made downgradable but atleast they doing somthing more that ppl who just walk around sayin i dont need this so its $#@!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information