Thread: dc-tool serial built using msys/mingw

Default dc-tool serial built using msys/mingw

I'm dis-satisfied with the idea of needing the cygwin1.dll for windoze version of dc-tool serial. That said I pulled down a copy of msys/mingw http://www.mingw.org/ and have had some success in making a native win32 version. No releases yet because I'd like to add a GUI option to it. By that I mean adding a feature such that if you execute the file without any arguments it will run in GUI mode. If you use any arguments it will run as nomal in a the command shell (dos box).

While on the subject of native win32 executables: I thought I saw someone on this forum post a DC toolchain that was compiled with mingw. A search of the forums brought no results though. Does anyone know for sure?
    Axlen was here... or was he? Bwahha ha ha ha ha...

Default Re: dc-tool serial built using msys/mingw

Hi,

L@cible did here .
    You can find some infos on dcreload.

I think Bluecrab did it too.

The Long Claw of the Law BlueCrab's Avatar

Yeah, I did.... and I think I uploaded it somewhere....

It was a native win32 binary, didn't require msys1.dll or anything from mingw....

Oh, and about the whole toolchain thing: http://ljsdcdev.sunsite.dk/tools.php <- There's my old windows tools tutorial, I dunno how good it is now though....
    Sylverant PSO Server
    http://crabemu.sourceforge.net/
    irc.freenode.net #dreamcastdev #dcemuuk #yabause #ljsdcdev

JMD, BlueCrab,

Thanks for the information.

BlueCrab - I do use Linux for most of my dev work too, but there are alot of folks who don't of course. The ability to produce native DC tools for DC deving is either a passing fancy for me or I've just gone over the deep end In reality It's a whole lot warmer up stairs here in my living room where the WinXP system resides (read as family computer) as opposed to the frozen dungeon basement (read home of the Linux boxen) VNC and Samba help, but I guess I'm in a windows mood lately.

Thanks again. I'll check out your build script and compare that to the one Jim Ursetto's created for the latest KOS/DC toolchain...
    Axlen was here... or was he? Bwahha ha ha ha ha...

I'm disappointed, i can't find any dc-tool 1.0.3 & dc-tool-ip 1.0.3 compiled with mingw.

Anybody have a link ?

Because i'm getting bored with Cygwin.

Real Thanks.

Can anyone rebuild the DC end of the serial DC tool without the screen flash (output flashes the screen) I am working on a lightgun driver - and would dearly love to check out a DC screen mode which should make it work seemlessly (ie make it appear like a normal controller) - theres a bit you can set to turn off the PVR renderer and have it display only the screen colour - setting it to white flashes the screen white, so you can pick up the gun location.

I have been unable to test it - because of DCLoad flashing - I see a #define to turn that off - but I cannot rebuild it - the 1ST_READ.bin I end up with is garbage.

Thread Information