Thread: New Sony PSP Pack Confirmed

Blog Entries

psp New Sony PSP Pack Confirmed

Heres the press release:

Sony Computer Entertainment America today announced the PSP(R) (PlayStation(R) Portable) Entertainment Pack, a new "all-in-one" offering for portable gaming and entertainment. Available beginning September 13, the package features a PSP system along with the best-selling off-road racing game ATV Offroad Fury(R): Blazin' Trails, the
    "Lords of Dogtown" UMD(TM) movie, and a Sony 1GB Memory Stick Pro Duo(TM). With an SRP of $249.99, the PSP Entertainment Pack offers great value to consumers ahead of the holiday shopping season. "The PSP system's success stems from its ability to combine console-quality gaming with multimedia applications, and this new package
    showcases all of the system's strengths," said Peter Dille, senior vice president, marketing, Sony Computer Entertainment America. "Whether consumers want to pick up and play one of our top racing franchises, watch a movie, or enjoy their own music, photos, downloadable content and more, the PSP Entertainment Pack delivers it all in one convenient package."Beyond demonstrating the PSP system's multi-functionality, the combination
    of software and storage along with the PSP hardware creates a compelling product with significant value. The total cost for each of the components, if purchased separately, would be $300 or more, so the PSP Entertainment Pack
    delivers $50 of added value to consumers.
    "While the PSP system has out-sold all other next-generation gaming handhelds in the period since its launch, we expect this new offering to drive
    additional consumer interest and sales, particularly as the holiday shopping season approaches," Dille said.The PSP Entertainment Pack provides everything you need to enjoy the ultimate in portable gaming and entertainment right out of the box, making it an ideal gift for everyone from students to gadget fans to business and leisure travelers. With the included Sony 1GB Memory Stick Pro Duo, there's plenty of storage for gift-givers to customize the system by downloading personal photos, favorite songs and video clips.

DCEmu Regular

With these new $10 UMB movies, and the $20 cost of a 1GB memory stick off E-Bay, I don't think that deal is much of a deal. The PSP itself runs $200. Also a 1GB memory stick is too small and that movie sucks.

Here's a thought. If they *REALLY* think a 1GB memory stick and that movie are worth $100 together, how about they take $100 off the price of a base PSP with nothing extra and sell it for $100 in stores. *THAT* would move PSP's in a hurry!

not a bad price

Hasnt this news been reported before??
    Find yourself some ebay spelling mistake bargains!
    Use the power of the TYPING WAND! |Free PSP ISOs to download

Pick of the google street views! Including topless girls

Proud owner of a Nintendo Wii!
    PSP1. Black Jap 1000K: 1.5 -> 2.71SE-A -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B' -> 2.71SE-B''
    PSP2. Black "non worker" from ebay: 2.6 (?) -> 2.71 -> 1.5 -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B'
    PSP3: Black "Broken UMD Drive" UK 1003 2.0 -> 1.5 -> 2.71SE-B -> 2.71SE-B'
    Do you have a bricked psp?

i dont consider memory sticks on ebay so add 40-50 bucks for a memory stick.

I woudnt buy it, kinda a rip, but hey I paid 250 for a 32mb SM,soft puch and headphones, just like any other stupid person who bought it the first couple months. LOL

I guess people will buy these packs if a new TA-082 downgrader comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by motormaniac
    I woudnt buy it, kinda a rip, but hey I paid 250 for a 32mb SM,soft puch and headphones, just like any other stupid person who bought it the first couple months. LOL
    Hey ! That's not nice
    But then again, I did not buy it full-priced, so it only makes me half-stupid

Talk about deja vu.. I think this 'news' has been posted before.. Anyway, it's a good deal, imho (comparing to mine and other full-fledge stupid person )

Meh.

its still too expensive lol

Thread Information